GABRIELLE RELEASES HER FIRST ALBUM
Huntingdon singer-songwriter Gabrielle has released her first album – only weeks after being shortlisted for the Almost Famous songwriting competition. The seven tunes all loosely follow the beautiful acoustic fingerpicking style of the opening track A Wa
Huntingdon singer-songwriter Gabrielle has released her first album - only weeks after being shortlisted for the Almost Famous songwriting competition.
The seven tunes all loosely follow the beautiful acoustic fingerpicking style of the opening track A Wasted Chase. Gabrielle's singing is melancholic and atmospheric and it would be fair to say this short collection steers clear of feel-good acoustic pop. On a couple of tracks she is joined by Kieran Lawrence whose singing, especially on Invisible, reminds me a little of New Order's Bernard Sumner.
As the album progresses there's an air of experimentation as the sounds become more layered and the singing occasionally becomes looser and more improvised. It's extremely calming music and I'd recommend it to anyone who likes the quieter moments of folk and pop.
Gabrielle will be playing live at CB2 in Cambridge on Monday 27 August. Her album, can be downloaded in full at www.gabriellemusic.co.uk
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Slepe Hall Hotel in St Ives has new owners
- 2 Mother pleads for housing 'electrical checks' after losing children in fire
- 3 Dismay and concern over plans to build 36-foot railway viaduct
- 4 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 5 Men who threatened shop workers with an axe are jailed
- 6 St Neots East seat announced after nail-biting three recounts
- 7 Who is in the running for police and crime commissioner in Cambs
- 8 Cambs police officer saves life of man who overdosed in park
- 9 Pretty town with lots of independent shops
- 10 St Neots has elected its new mayor and deputy mayor