GABRIELLE RELEASES HER FIRST ALBUM
Huntingdon singer-songwriter Gabrielle has released her first album – only weeks after being shortlisted for the Almost Famous songwriting competition. The seven tunes all loosely follow the beautiful acoustic fingerpicking style of the opening track A Wa
Huntingdon singer-songwriter Gabrielle has released her first album - only weeks after being shortlisted for the Almost Famous songwriting competition.
The seven tunes all loosely follow the beautiful acoustic fingerpicking style of the opening track A Wasted Chase. Gabrielle's singing is melancholic and atmospheric and it would be fair to say this short collection steers clear of feel-good acoustic pop. On a couple of tracks she is joined by Kieran Lawrence whose singing, especially on Invisible, reminds me a little of New Order's Bernard Sumner.
As the album progresses there's an air of experimentation as the sounds become more layered and the singing occasionally becomes looser and more improvised. It's extremely calming music and I'd recommend it to anyone who likes the quieter moments of folk and pop.
Gabrielle will be playing live at CB2 in Cambridge on Monday 27 August. Her album, can be downloaded in full at www.gabriellemusic.co.uk
You may also want to watch:
- 1 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 2 Fundraising day at St Neots pub
- 3 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 4 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 5 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 6 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 7 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 8 The changing face of forests and woods in Huntingdonshire
- 9 Huntingdon care home company scoops award in region's top 20
- 10 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online