Funding for feline fostering
A CAT protection group is making an appeal for funding to support new feline foster carers in the region. The group helps cats and cat owners with all manner of issues, from accidents to behavioural problems. The organisation has 10 foster homes which tak
A CAT protection group is making an appeal for funding to support new feline foster carers in the region.
The group helps cats and cat owners with all manner of issues, from accidents to behavioural problems. The organisation has 10 foster homes which take in cats with difficulties and help prepare them for adoption.
Carol Warne, branch co-ordinator, said: "We get calls at all times of the day and night from members of the public, the police and many others.
"We do as much as we can to help cats in need, re-homing them with new, loving families once we've got them back on track."
The volunteer-run organisation has recently acquired a van to enable it to access the 400 square miles of territory it covers - from Huntingdon up to Wisbech. The branch costs about £30,000 per year to operate and raises 90 per cent of its money through fundraising. It is not supported by the Government.
Derrick Allan, fundraising officer, said: "The more money we can raise through the appeal, the more cats we can help. All the money goes directly to helping the cats."
- 1 'He is our hero' - D-day veteran Wilf, 102, gets surprise visit
- 2 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 3 Huntingdon town mayor supports launch of The Eclettica
- 4 Oliver Cromwell pub has had a brand new refurbishment
- 5 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 6 Karl Brockett writes about the history of St Ives
- 7 Could you give these pets a home?
- 8 Huntingdon is full of Christmas cheer
- 9 Family pay tribute to woman who died following St Ives crash
- 10 Huntingdon Racecourse - surviving the pandemic and then came the floods!
INFORMATION: Contact the St Ives and Chatteris branch of Cats Protection on 01480 465226. Any cheque donations should be made payable to 'Chatteris and St Ives Cats Protection' and sent to: Spring Appeal, 24 Morland Way, St Ives, Cambs, PE27 3HA.