Fun and games
CHILDREN at a St Neots school will be getting in a knot after they raised more than £200 to purchase games including Twister and Jenga. A total of £270 was raised to buy play equipment for youngsters at St Mary s Primary School. The money was raised thro
CHILDREN at a St Neots school will be getting in a knot after they raised more than £200 to purchase games including Twister and Jenga.
A total of £270 was raised to buy play equipment for youngsters at St Mary's Primary School. The money was raised through a quiz night.
The equipment, which has been set up in the playground, will be used by children at lunchtime to help stimulate and engage them.
The equipment purchased included Limbo, Pick up Sticks, Giant Chess, Large Connect Four, Snakes and Ladders and Ludo.
You may also want to watch:
Mary Barnard, headteacher, said: "The impact of the games has been even better than we hoped for. The children are thoroughly enjoying them. The older pupils have been very good about teaching and playing with the younger ones.
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 Drug dealer who 'exploited vulnerable people' linked to 101 wraps of cocaine
- 3 Man in his 80s dies in fatal Buckden Road crash at Brampton
- 4 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 5 Fundraisers hit £400,000 milestone after month of charity challenges
- 6 Wanted woman accused of killing children in M1 crash could be in Huntingdon
- 7 Concerns over planned travel hub at railway station
- 8 Computing pioneer Sir Clive Sinclair who had links to St Ives dies aged 81
- 9 Spuds in a bucket competition at the gardening club
- 10 Awards for firm celebrating 10th anniversary