THERE were spooky stories in the library at Abbey College in Ramsey last week – but it was all in aid of raising money for a trip to Peru. A group of Year 11 and 12 students organised an evening of Hallowe en ghost stories in the atmospheric surroundings
THERE were spooky stories in the library at Abbey College in Ramsey last week - but it was all in aid of raising money for a trip to Peru.
A group of Year 11 and 12 students organised an evening of Hallowe'en ghost stories in the atmospheric surroundings of the library on October 31.
The normally bustling centre was transformed into an eerie candlelit Victorian parlour for the evening, which was presented by The Ramsey Storytellers.
The students arranged the evening as a fund-raising event towards the £3,500 they each need to take part in the World Team Challenge in Peru next summer.
You may also want to watch:
It is a demanding four-week expedition which takes place following a 15-20 month team building and skills development programme.
The expedition involves project work, trekking and cultural adventure as well as a focus on the community or the environment.
- 1 Family farmers win court case against oat milk giants
- 2 Driver escapes injury after A14 lorry fire
- 3 Look inside new £260,000 luxury flats at former 90s nightclub
- 4 Huntingdon home to one of the most 'luxurious' breakfasts in the UK
- 5 Great turnout and 'disco royalty' at DSCNNCT festival
- 6 Four dogs rescued after being abandoned on A14
- 7 Pigeons still roosting on old A14 bridge despite preventative mesh
- 8 Huntingdon 'predator' jailed for raping woman at his home
- 9 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 10 Visiting to resume at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
James Hussey, 16, said: "There are 15 students from Abbey College who are hoping to take part in the World Team Challenge.
"As well as raising money on an individual basis, we have also decided to work as a group to help us all reach our target.
"The college library seemed like an ideal setting for a spooky Hallowe'en evening and we have other events planned such as a car boot sale."
The Ramsey Storytellers is a group of five volunteers who enjoy telling stories. One, Richard Storey, said: "We leapt at the chance of performing in such an historic and atmospheric building.
"It also gave us an ideal opportunity to relate tales that focused on the Hallowe'en traditions of ghosts and spirits."
INFORMATION: The Ramsey Storytellers can be contacted through Richard Storey on 01487 710363.