Free seminars @The Junction, Cambridge – March 3
A SET of three, free seminars - all on one day – to help bands get into the music business is being held at The Junction in Cambridge on Saturday, March 3. If you are in a band looking to make the next step and it seems as if the only gigs you can get are
A SET of three, free seminars - all on one day - to help bands get into the music business is being held at The Junction in Cambridge on Saturday, March 3.
If you are in a band looking to make the next step and it seems as if the only gigs you can get are down the local pub - and only then if you play covers, this could be for you.
The sessions are for bands of any age already at the gigging stage. Musicians can go to any, or all, of the seminars through the day and gain an insight into the world of professional music.
The seminars are part of The Junction's Careers in the Arts day.
Bands will learn more about getting gigs, how to publicise their band and how to issue a DIY record release, along with a sense of what the music business is about.
Seminar One, the first of the day, is called The Good Gig Getting Guide with tips on organising tours. Seminar Two: Get Yourself Heard above the Din is about getting publicity and Seminar 3: Indie-Pen-Dance Day, is about releasing CDs on a budget. This session also offers advice on the types of deals offered by record companies and why DIY is often the best route for new bands.
- 1 Young man dies on B645 near St Neots following a head-on crash
- 2 Tributes for Godmanchester mum Lisa Leader who passed away on Friday
- 3 Businesswoman who launched popular St Ives shop has died
- 4 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 5 House set alight in Brampton
- 6 Ex-wife of killer Colin Hill shares rape ordeal more than 30 years on
- 7 Overwhelming response to MND charity walk
- 8 Local businesses join forces to create a Christmas Beer
- 9 Man who assaulted police officer claimed it was 'black magic'
- 10 Health chiefs call for action amid rise in sexually transmitted infections
INFORMATION: All the seminars are free, in the Upstairs Bar at the Junction in Clifton Road, Cambridge. Seminar One is 10am - 11.30am Seminar two,11.45am - 1.45pm, Seminar three: 2pm - 4pm. Call 01223 511511.