Free seminars @The Junction, Cambridge – March 3
A SET of three, free seminars - all on one day – to help bands get into the music business is being held at The Junction in Cambridge on Saturday, March 3. If you are in a band looking to make the next step and it seems as if the only gigs you can get are
A SET of three, free seminars - all on one day - to help bands get into the music business is being held at The Junction in Cambridge on Saturday, March 3.
If you are in a band looking to make the next step and it seems as if the only gigs you can get are down the local pub - and only then if you play covers, this could be for you.
The sessions are for bands of any age already at the gigging stage. Musicians can go to any, or all, of the seminars through the day and gain an insight into the world of professional music.
The seminars are part of The Junction's Careers in the Arts day.
You may also want to watch:
Bands will learn more about getting gigs, how to publicise their band and how to issue a DIY record release, along with a sense of what the music business is about.
Seminar One, the first of the day, is called The Good Gig Getting Guide with tips on organising tours. Seminar Two: Get Yourself Heard above the Din is about getting publicity and Seminar 3: Indie-Pen-Dance Day, is about releasing CDs on a budget. This session also offers advice on the types of deals offered by record companies and why DIY is often the best route for new bands.
- 1 Dismay and concern over plans to build 36-foot railway viaduct
- 2 Slepe Hall Hotel in St Ives has new owners
- 3 Who is in the running for police and crime commissioner in Cambs
- 4 Men who threatened shop workers with an axe are jailed
- 5 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 6 Cambs police officer saves life of man who overdosed in park
- 7 Burglary tip-off unearths £1.38m cannabis 'factory'
- 8 Election Special: Who's standing where in Huntingdonshire
- 9 'Keeping things simple' is key to business success for St Neots firm
- 10 Huntingdon business is first in UK to supply American craft beer
INFORMATION: All the seminars are free, in the Upstairs Bar at the Junction in Clifton Road, Cambridge. Seminar One is 10am - 11.30am Seminar two,11.45am - 1.45pm, Seminar three: 2pm - 4pm. Call 01223 511511.