Free home security measures on offer to Cambridgeshire vulnerable residents
ELDERLY and vulnerable Cambridgeshire residents have until the end of the month to apply for free home security measures.The free security advice and measures are being given by The Bobby Scheme, which is run by the Cambridgeshire Police Shrievalty Trust
ELDERLY and vulnerable Cambridgeshire residents have until the end of the month to apply for free home security measures.
The free security advice and measures are being given by The Bobby Scheme, which is run by the Cambridgeshire Police Shrievalty Trust - the charitable arm of Cambridgeshire Constabulary.
It has been running since 2001 and has installed security measures in more than 16,000 homes in the county.
It aims to contact all victims of burglary in the county who are over 65 to secure their homes within 48 hours of their crime. Fitting door chains, window alarms and other security devices, as well as offering crime prevention advice.
You may also want to watch:
Not everyone has to have been a victim of crime - people can also register if they feel vulnerable and wish to use the service.
Usually the scheme offers their services to people aged over 65 and for a fee of �20.
- 1 Driver of fully laden HGV who failed breath test 'couldn't stand up unaided'
- 2 Super slimmer who lost one third of her body weight crowned woman of year
- 3 It's snowing! Send us your snow photos
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 6 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 7 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 8 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 9 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 10 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
The Bobby Scheme secured two grants last year which enabled them to reduce the qualifying age to 60 and drop the fee until March 31.
INFORMATION: Anyone over 60 wanting to register for free home security measures should visit www.cpstrust.org or phone 07866 602100 before March 31.