Four years for careless driving death
A TEENAGER has been jailed after he drove under the influence of cannabis and killed a motorcyclist in Huntingdonshire. Thomas Lord, 19, from Rosewood Close, March, lost control of his BMW 3 series car, in rainy conditions after speeding into a bend on th
A TEENAGER has been jailed after he drove under the influence of cannabis and killed a motorcyclist in Huntingdonshire.
Thomas Lord, 19, from Rosewood Close, March, lost control of his BMW 3 series car, in rainy conditions after speeding into a bend on the A141 at Old Hurst in July last year.
The court heard that the car spun through the air before colliding side-on with a bike, killing Ray Linnett, 43, and seriously injuring pillion passenger, Danielle Knappett, 22.
Lord, who the court heard had been driving for only 10 months, was jailed for four years and banned from driving for three years. He had pleaded guilty at a previous hearing to causing death by careless driving while unfit to drive through drugs.
You may also want to watch:
Miss Knappett, who described Mr Linnett as the "love of her life" and had recently moved into a house in Chatteris with him, said: "I still can't remember the accident, and don't know what happened. I am still a long way from recovering and every time I see a bike I think about Ray."
Judge Nicholas Coleman told Lord: "You will have this death on your conscience for the rest of your life.
- 1 Huntingdon drug dealer jailed after police find messages on his phone
- 2 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 3 Not one, but possibly two viaducts for St Neots!
- 4 Metro is off the cards says new mayor Dr Nik Johnson
- 5 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 6 Police warning after spate of thefts from cars in Warboys
- 7 Solar farm plan will have no impact on 'light, noise or smell'
- 8 Tickets on sale now for this summer's Shakespeare at the George
- 9 Slepe Hall Hotel in St Ives has new owners
- 10 Dismay and concern over plans to build 36-foot railway viaduct