Four years for careless driving death
A TEENAGER has been jailed after he drove under the influence of cannabis and killed a motorcyclist in Huntingdonshire. Thomas Lord, 19, from Rosewood Close, March, lost control of his BMW 3 series car, in rainy conditions after speeding into a bend on th
A TEENAGER has been jailed after he drove under the influence of cannabis and killed a motorcyclist in Huntingdonshire.
Thomas Lord, 19, from Rosewood Close, March, lost control of his BMW 3 series car, in rainy conditions after speeding into a bend on the A141 at Old Hurst in July last year.
The court heard that the car spun through the air before colliding side-on with a bike, killing Ray Linnett, 43, and seriously injuring pillion passenger, Danielle Knappett, 22.
Lord, who the court heard had been driving for only 10 months, was jailed for four years and banned from driving for three years. He had pleaded guilty at a previous hearing to causing death by careless driving while unfit to drive through drugs.
Miss Knappett, who described Mr Linnett as the "love of her life" and had recently moved into a house in Chatteris with him, said: "I still can't remember the accident, and don't know what happened. I am still a long way from recovering and every time I see a bike I think about Ray."
Judge Nicholas Coleman told Lord: "You will have this death on your conscience for the rest of your life.
- 1 Tributes for Godmanchester mum Lisa Leader who passed away on Friday
- 2 Young man dies on B645 near St Neots following a head-on crash
- 3 Businesswoman who launched popular St Ives shop has died
- 4 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 5 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 6 Ex-wife of killer Colin Hill shares rape ordeal more than 30 years on
- 7 The Real Pie Company has opened in Huntingdon
- 8 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 9 Overwhelming response to MND charity walk
- 10 Health chiefs call for action amid rise in sexually transmitted infections