Forty Foot Road: What you said
Greg Chapman, from New Road, Ramsey, said: The main issue about this road is that hardly anyone sticks to the 50mph limit. I do, and I am nearly always overtaken, often at high speed. Therefore, I think an average speed camera system is the best option.
Greg Chapman, from New Road, Ramsey, said: "The main issue about this road is that hardly anyone sticks to the 50mph limit. I do, and I am nearly always overtaken, often at high speed. Therefore, I think an average speed camera system is the best option."
* David Dearden from Ramsey, said: "In reality a physical barrier is the only way to stop cars going into the water and the occupants from drowning. Even at 30mph, you can lose control of a vehicle and are just as likely to end up in the water.
When it comes to cost, Cambridgeshire County Council says a conservative estimate for safety barriers along the 7.6 km of the bank is £898,000. This cost takes into account the nature of the bank and the necessity to use special construction techniques.
However, according to The Department of Transport, the cost of a single fatal accident is £1,384,463. So, given five recent fatalities, cost is no longer an issue."
* An anonymous writer said: "It's not the Forty Foot Road that's the problem. Like any other road, it's how people use them. I use the Forty Foot Road often and I have seen how fast people travel.
- 1 Huntingdon bookshop gets share of £2m online profits
- 2 'Our inspiration' - Baby born four months early survives fight for life
- 3 Historic Huntingdon building on the market for nearly £500k
- 4 Garage demolition opponents set up Facebook group
- 5 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 6 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 7 Universal credit households to receive £20 for rising living costs
- 8 Old Bailey trial begins of Rikki Neave murder suspect
- 9 Four doctors and a nurse off sick with Covid-19 at Fenland surgeries
- 10 Will Young talks about handcuffing himself to the Camp Beagle gates