Forty Foot Road: What you said
Greg Chapman, from New Road, Ramsey, said: The main issue about this road is that hardly anyone sticks to the 50mph limit. I do, and I am nearly always overtaken, often at high speed. Therefore, I think an average speed camera system is the best option.
Greg Chapman, from New Road, Ramsey, said: "The main issue about this road is that hardly anyone sticks to the 50mph limit. I do, and I am nearly always overtaken, often at high speed. Therefore, I think an average speed camera system is the best option."
* David Dearden from Ramsey, said: "In reality a physical barrier is the only way to stop cars going into the water and the occupants from drowning. Even at 30mph, you can lose control of a vehicle and are just as likely to end up in the water.
When it comes to cost, Cambridgeshire County Council says a conservative estimate for safety barriers along the 7.6 km of the bank is £898,000. This cost takes into account the nature of the bank and the necessity to use special construction techniques.
However, according to The Department of Transport, the cost of a single fatal accident is £1,384,463. So, given five recent fatalities, cost is no longer an issue."
You may also want to watch:
* An anonymous writer said: "It's not the Forty Foot Road that's the problem. Like any other road, it's how people use them. I use the Forty Foot Road often and I have seen how fast people travel.
- 1 Woman left with a ‘bloodied nose’ in Huntingdon
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Jail for Fenstanton man who groomed teenager
- 4 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 5 Do you remember the old Megatron at Alconbury?
- 6 Woman in her 60s 'remains in serious condition' after B1514 crash
- 7 Drug dealing pair caught thanks to eagle-eyed neighbours
- 8 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Historic St Ives former grammar school site set for houses after £1m sale
- 10 Family pay tribute to great grandfather who died in Buckden Road crash