Forty Foot Road: Make sure you have your say...
THERE is still time to make your views known on the issue of the Forty Foot Road between Ramsey and Chatteris, where five people died in the space of six weeks between December 21 and February 1. Hundreds of people have so far responded to The Hunts Post
THERE is still time to make your views known on the issue of the Forty Foot Road between Ramsey and Chatteris, where five people died in the space of six weeks between December 21 and February 1. Hundreds of people have so far responded to The Hunts Post poll which closes on Wednesday, March 22. We have received letters, texts and responses on our website.
The poll has now been going for three weeks and so far, some 90 per cent of people want action on the road.
To voice your opinion on the Forty Foot Road, please text, log on to our website, email or send a letter in the post.
These are the options:
You may also want to watch:
* Close the road.
* Reduce the speed limit to 30 miles an hour.
- 1 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 2 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 3 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 4 'We want to help our market towns' - Funding plans extended due to pandemic
- 5 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 6 The changing face of forests and woods in Huntingdonshire
- 7 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 8 Royal Oak in Hail Weston named as the best pub in Cambridgeshire
- 9 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 10 New community space opens at Alconbury Weald
* Install speed cameras which record the average speed along the length of the road.
* Install lighting.
* Ban overtaking.
* No Change.
* Text the word TIMES followed by a space and then your vote - either 'close' - this indicates you would like to see the road closed, 'safety' - this indicates you would like to see safety precautions introduced such as speed cameras or a 30mph or 'no change' - if you think things are ok as they are. Then send your vote to the number 82189.
For example: If you would like to see more safety precautions introduced along the road you would text TIMES, then a space, then SAFETY and send to 82189. Texts cost 25p - less than the price of a first class stamp.
* To vote in our online poll. Go to www.huntspost.co.uk/content/huntspost/vote or go to www.huntspost.co.uk and follow the links to the Forty Foot Road story in the news section.
You will then be able to cast your vote via our website. All results will be published in next week's editions.
* To vote by letter, write to: Forty Foot Road Debate, The Hunts Post, 30 High Street, Huntingdon, PE29 3TB.
* To vote by email, send your views to: email@example.com (Please include your name and a postal address.)