Forty Foot Road: Huge response to Forty Foot Bank Road poll
THERE has been a bigger reader response to The Hunts Post Forty Foot Bank Road Campaign than any previous reader poll in any of the Archant titles in Cambridgeshire, and 70 per cent of you want action. After three weeks of responses, hundreds of people ha
THERE has been a bigger reader response to The Hunts Post Forty Foot Bank Road Campaign than any previous reader poll in any of the Archant titles in Cambridgeshire, and 70 per cent of you want action. After three weeks of responses, hundreds of people have made their views known.
They have replied by text or on the website to the campaign run by The Hunts Post and its sister paper, The Cambs Times. There has also been an avalanche of letters.
The results so far are that of those who sent a text, 50 per cent want safety measures on the road. Some 42 per cent want to see the road closed and 10 per cent want no change.
Of those who registered their vote on the website, over 43 per cent want safety improvements, about 45 per cent wanted no change and only 12 per cent want to close the road.
You may also want to watch:
The poll runs for another week.
- 1 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 2 'We want to help our market towns' - Funding plans extended due to pandemic
- 3 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 4 Patients avoided going to the doctor out of fear of 'catching Covid'
- 5 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 6 Huntingdon care home company scoops award in region's top 20
- 7 New community space opens at Alconbury Weald
- 8 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 9 Huntingdon mayor Karl Webb voted to stay in role for another year
- 10 Hoax caller flouted strict court order after just three days