Forty Foot Road: Give us your view in road safety debate
Readers in The Hunts Post and Cambs Times poll were last week asked if they wanted to support the call to close the Forty Foot Bank Road, made by Chatteris town councillor Alan Melton. Alternatively, they were asked to vote for safety measures including l
Readers in The Hunts Post and Cambs Times poll were last week asked if they wanted to support the call to close the Forty Foot Bank Road, made by Chatteris town councillor Alan Melton.
Alternatively, they were asked to vote for safety measures including lowering the 50mph speed limit, installing speed cameras, installing lighting and banning overtaking.
The third option was "no change".
In the first week of the poll, which we continue this week, 87 per cent of readers wanted action. Some 55 per cent wanted extra safety features and 32 per cent wanted to close the road altogether.
You may also want to watch:
The other 13 per cent voted for no change.
To voice your opinion, please text, log on to our website, email or send a letter in the post.
- 1 Woman left with a ‘bloodied nose’ in Huntingdon
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Jail for Fenstanton man who groomed teenager
- 4 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 5 Do you remember the old Megatron at Alconbury?
- 6 Woman in her 60s 'remains in serious condition' after B1514 crash
- 7 Drug dealing pair caught thanks to eagle-eyed neighbours
- 8 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Family pay tribute to great grandfather who died in Buckden Road crash
- 10 Historic St Ives former grammar school site set for houses after £1m sale
These are the options:
* Close the road.
* Reduce the speed limit to 30 miles an hour.
* Install speed cameras which record the average speed along the length of the road.
* Install lighting.
* Ban overtaking.
* No Change.
* Text the word TIMES followed by a space and then your vote - either 'close' - this indicates you would like to see the road closed, 'safety' - this indicates you would like to see safety precautions introduced such as speed cameras or a 30mph or 'no change' - if you think things are ok as they are. Then send your vote to the number 82189.
For example: If you would like to see more safety precautions introduced along the road you would text TIMES, then a space, then SAFETY and send to 82189. Texts cost 25p - less than the price of a first class stamp.
* To vote in our online poll. Go to www.huntspost.co.uk/content/huntspost/vote or go to www.huntspost.co.uk and follow the links to the Forty Foot Road story in the news section.
You will then be able to cast your vote via our website. All results will be published in next week's editions.
* To vote by letter, write to: Forty Foot Road Debate, The Hunts Post, 30 High Street, Huntingdon, PE29 3TB.
* To vote by email, send your views to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please include your name and a postal address.)