More than £9,000 was raised during this year s Ramsey 1940s Weekend, benefiting several charities and good causes. Members of Ramsey Senior Citizens club had a special Christmas lunch thanks to the fund-raising event, and many other charities received a c
More than £9,000 was raised during this year's Ramsey 1940s Weekend, benefiting several charities and good causes.
Members of Ramsey Senior Citizens club had a special Christmas lunch thanks to the fund-raising event, and many other charities received a cash boost just in time for the festive period.
The 1940s Weekend was held in August at RAF Upwood, near Ramsey.
Other good causes to benefit from the event included Cancer Research and Barnardo's, and both Addenbrooke's and Hinchingbrooke hospitals.
You may also want to watch:
The organisers said small local groups benefited most. Organisations such as the RAF Cadets, Ramsey Playgroup, Ramsey Day Care Centre, Ramsey Carnival, Somersham Brownies and Ramsey Christmas lights all received donations ranging from £200 to £600.
Weekend committee chairman Brian Cunningham said: "Although Ramsey 1940s Weekend is great fun and a highlight of the town's social calendar, it's important to remember that there's a serious reason for doing it.
- 1 Brampton Post Office customers say fond farewell to postmaster
- 2 Man who died in road crash is named
- 3 Kimbolton business announces new CEO
- 4 St Neots man banned from pubs for two years
- 5 Fish and Chip shop wins award
- 6 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 7 Free Covid testing kits now available at some pharmacies
- 8 Organic Hunts beauty company Bossy Glossy gets celebrity support
- 9 East West Rail Route - further consultation going ahead
- 10 Shops, homes and office space plan for town centre building
"The weekend is all about raising money for charities and by donating to small local bodies we can make a real difference to the lives of local people.
"The 2007 1940s Weekend is going to be bigger and better than ever, with additional entertainment, more living history displays and more fun activities. We hope this will encourage more visitors so at this time next year, there will be even more funds to give away and a little more cheer to spread around."
INFORMATION: Ramsey 1940s Weekend will be held on August 18-19 at RAF Upwood. For details, you can also visit www.ramsey1940sweekend.info