Former Ramsey mayor loses cancer battle
A FORMER Mayor of Ramsey has died, after a long battle with cancer. Councillor Neil Dick, who was serving the town as deputy mayor, died on July 8. Current Mayor Pat Taylor said: Neil valiantly fought his illness with great courage and stoicism to the bi
A FORMER Mayor of Ramsey has died, after a long battle with cancer.
Councillor Neil Dick, who was serving the town as deputy mayor, died on July 8.
Current Mayor Pat Taylor said: "Neil valiantly fought his illness with great courage and stoicism to the bitter end. We opened our July meeting with a minute's silence in his memory. We offer our sincere condolences to his widow, Gay, and daughter, Fiona."
Cllr Dick was co-opted onto the council in August 2003 and during his time on the council he served as Deputy Mayor in 2007-08 and Mayor 2008-09.
You may also want to watch:
Although unable to attend many civic functions as mayor, Cllr Dick used his expertise in many areas in directing a variety of issues and offering valid advice on numerous matters. He played a critical and important part in obtaining the grant to initiate the "Job Search Project" which has been successfully running since 2004.
Cllr Taylor added: "The decision of Tesco to open a store in Ramsey was truly welcomed by Neil. He felt that as Tesco had shown confidence in the growth of Ramsey, it would be the start of other developments to enhance the town."
- 1 Letter of the Week: Brexit gain for food bank!
- 2 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 3 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 4 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 5 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 6 Best Seat in the House - Meal boxes - are they an over-priced luxury?
- 7 More Readers' Photos for this week
- 8 Concerns raised about increase in lorries if plan goes ahead
- 9 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 10 New emergency facilities open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
Neil Dick's funeral is to be held at Peterborough Crematorium on Thursday, July 16 at 4pm.