Forget the politicians' pledges - just say ""finished"" and ""open"".
WHEN I moved to St Neots 37 years ago, there was going to be a cinema, a swimming pool, the traffic lights were going to be synchronised and pedestrian bridges were going to be built over the river north and south of the road bridge. So far: Nothing. The
WHEN I moved to St Neots 37 years ago, there was going to be a cinema, a swimming pool, the traffic lights were going to be synchronised and pedestrian bridges were going to be built over the river north and south of the road bridge.
So far: Nothing. There has been the odd success. When my daughter was 10 we campaigned for a pelican crossing on Crosshall Road. She was married with children when it was completed.
So now that it's voting time again just remind yourselves of these failures, plus the times that councillors have totally ignored and voted against the feelings and views of the electorate.
Consider the contradictions.
You may also want to watch:
We want to encourage tourism so we will close the toilets and charge for the only free parking areas.
We want to encourage more people to shop locally. So we will allow at least 2,000 homes to be built but not provide any extra parking spaces.
- 1 Shops, homes and office space plan for town centre building
- 2 St Neots man banned from pubs for two years
- 3 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 4 St Neots care assistant Jack set to shine in BBC Three's Glow Up
- 5 Memories of St Neots' town centre
- 6 Ventriloquist shares career highlights after retiring in Huntingdon
- 7 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'
- 8 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 9 For sale: Spacious two bedroom bungalow with generous plots in Hartford
- 10 St Ives teenager donating her hair for charity
If they used as much time and energy actually achieving rather than slagging one another off and using pipedream words such as committed, vision, passion and priority, they might get something done.
The only words I really want to hear are finished and open.