Forget the politicians' pledges - just say ""finished"" and ""open"".
WHEN I moved to St Neots 37 years ago, there was going to be a cinema, a swimming pool, the traffic lights were going to be synchronised and pedestrian bridges were going to be built over the river north and south of the road bridge. So far: Nothing. The
WHEN I moved to St Neots 37 years ago, there was going to be a cinema, a swimming pool, the traffic lights were going to be synchronised and pedestrian bridges were going to be built over the river north and south of the road bridge.
So far: Nothing. There has been the odd success. When my daughter was 10 we campaigned for a pelican crossing on Crosshall Road. She was married with children when it was completed.
So now that it's voting time again just remind yourselves of these failures, plus the times that councillors have totally ignored and voted against the feelings and views of the electorate.
Consider the contradictions.
We want to encourage tourism so we will close the toilets and charge for the only free parking areas.
We want to encourage more people to shop locally. So we will allow at least 2,000 homes to be built but not provide any extra parking spaces.
- 1 The Real Pie Company has opened in Huntingdon
- 2 Drugs uncovered in Huntingdon home
- 3 Drug Dealer from Huntingdon has been sentenced
- 4 London Luton Airport and NATS will go ahead with Huntingdonshire flight path
- 5 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 6 Crafty Monkey is encouraging people to shop local this winter
- 7 Steve's Taxis has donated more than £20,000 to Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 8 Christmas Light Switch On's are back this year
- 9 Man dies following crash on A1198 near St Ives last month
- 10 This week's Readers Photos
If they used as much time and energy actually achieving rather than slagging one another off and using pipedream words such as committed, vision, passion and priority, they might get something done.
The only words I really want to hear are finished and open.