Food service on a plate
CHECK out the safest places to eat – without leaving home. South Cambridgeshire District Council s expanding on-line star ratings for food, launched last November, features the results of 295 food inspections. Each venue has been given a rating from no s
CHECK out the safest places to eat - without leaving home.
South Cambridgeshire District Council's expanding on-line star ratings for food, launched last November, features the results of 295 food inspections.
Each venue has been given a rating from no stars, which means they need improvement, to five stars, which means they are excellent for food safety.
The Monkfield Arms, in Cambourne, and Bourn Hall, in Bourn, are two establishments to be awarded five stars.
You may also want to watch:
Apricot Day Nursery, in Eltisley, scored four stars while Papworth Hospital scored three. Food2Go in The Stable Yard, Cambourne, and Chutney Joe. in High Street, Cambourne, scored two stars.
SCDC councillor Ray Manning, environmental health portfolio holder, said: "Freedom of Information Act requests prompted us to launch the scheme. Now anyone can see the star rating for a particular restaurant.
- 1 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 2 Fundraising day at St Neots pub
- 3 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 4 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 5 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 6 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 7 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 8 The changing face of forests and woods in Huntingdonshire
- 9 Huntingdon care home company scoops award in region's top 20
- 10 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
"We're hoping to improve food-hygiene standards and persuade those that are not up to scratch to take action."
SCDC is one of three councils taking part in the scheme.
INFORMATION: To view the list, visit www.southcambs.gov.uk