Fly the flag on Thursday - and every day
CONGRATULATIONS to Dr John Sentamu when he said: Let us not forgo our appreciation of an English identity for fear of upset or offence to those who claim such an identity has no place in a multi-cultural society. The Archbishop of York has given voice t
CONGRATULATIONS to Dr John Sentamu when he said: "Let us not forgo our appreciation of an English identity for fear of upset or offence to those who claim such an identity has no place in a multi-cultural society."
The Archbishop of York has given voice to the feelings of the thousands of Englishmen and women who have wanted to say the same but have been prevented from doing so in case they were considered bigots.
At long last, there is an emerging confidence among all those who are proud of England that we may speak of England, her achievements, compassion and history without the threat of being branded bigots in our own land. This is illustrated by Cambridgeshire County Council's calls for ideas on how to celebrate St George's Day.
Fly the English flag for St George and England on St George's Day and every day, for we are a nation every day not just on Bank Holidays.
D H BRISTOW
- 1 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 2 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 3 A lost wedding photo uncovers a heartbreaking story
- 4 A1 set for night-time and weekend closures until August
- 5 Opposition group to fight plans for new homes in village
- 6 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 7 Off duty nurse saves a man's life by performing CPR
- 8 Man assaulted woman and verbally abused hotel staff
- 9 Vehicle caught fire on A1 near St Neots
- 10 Outdoor inflatable water park returns to Huntingdonshire
Royal Society of St George