Flag was flying
I REFER to your letter from Barry Chapman, Secretary Royal Society of St George (April 23). He is incorrect about there having been no invasion of our country since 1066. One only has to remember Henry VII s invasion via Wales and more recently the invasi
I REFER to your letter from Barry Chapman, Secretary Royal Society of St George (April 23). He is incorrect about there having been no invasion of our country since 1066. One only has to remember Henry VII's invasion via Wales and more recently the invasion of the Channel Islands in World War II.
That apart, why is he publicly insulting the St Neots Town Council and the staff by using the term "potty council". He then continues by then blindly saying that the town council refuses to fly the English flag. This could not be further from the truth.
Had he bothered to check, he would have seen that the St George's flag was proudly flying on St George's Day above the town council offices.
I suppose a public apology from the Royal Society of St George, St Neots area branch, to the town council and the staff is out of the question.
You may also want to watch:
St Neots Town Councillor
- 1 Life is sweet! Cheesecake emporium opens in Brampton
- 2 The Windmill pub is set to reopen after extensive refurbishment
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 Do you have items of history for nostalgia group?
- 5 Paedophile foiled by undercover officer
- 6 Tudor history and famous Chinese Bridge in Godmanchester
- 7 Celebration of food and drink at town's first street food festival
- 8 Event to remember village's war hero
- 9 St Neots Town get new boss as Corr takes up Cambridge post
- 10 Drink-drive arrest after crash in Huntingdon