Flag was flying
I REFER to your letter from Barry Chapman, Secretary Royal Society of St George (April 23). He is incorrect about there having been no invasion of our country since 1066. One only has to remember Henry VII s invasion via Wales and more recently the invasi
I REFER to your letter from Barry Chapman, Secretary Royal Society of St George (April 23). He is incorrect about there having been no invasion of our country since 1066. One only has to remember Henry VII's invasion via Wales and more recently the invasion of the Channel Islands in World War II.
That apart, why is he publicly insulting the St Neots Town Council and the staff by using the term "potty council". He then continues by then blindly saying that the town council refuses to fly the English flag. This could not be further from the truth.
Had he bothered to check, he would have seen that the St George's flag was proudly flying on St George's Day above the town council offices.
I suppose a public apology from the Royal Society of St George, St Neots area branch, to the town council and the staff is out of the question.
You may also want to watch:
St Neots Town Councillor
- 1 Seven arrested after £70k-worth of bicycles stolen
- 2 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 3 Fundraising day at St Neots pub
- 4 Village job club providing vital service
- 5 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 6 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 7 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 8 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 9 New programme of events for Commemoration Hall
- 10 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls