AN award for service above self – the Paul Harris Fellowship – has been made to Ken Millard, a member of St Ives Rotary Club. Spokesman for the club, Jim Burt said: Ken has always been extremely active in Rotary, both in the club and at district leve
AN award for "service above self" - the Paul Harris Fellowship - has been made to Ken Millard, a member of St Ives Rotary Club.
Spokesman for the club, Jim Burt said: "Ken has always been extremely active in Rotary, both in the club and at district level. He was president from 2005 to 2006, and has been chairman of community service, vocational, and membership committees.
"He has been very keen in promoting youth opportunities and his company, KLM Engineering, has hosted students on many Rotary youth leadership awards, to give them insight into business operations. He has also been responsible over the last few years for the administration and logistics for the Christmas carol float, which tours the neighbouring villages."
Mr Millard has also organised friendship exchanges to Brazil, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and India as well as the district finals of the Rotary young designer competition.
You may also want to watch:
Receiving the award, which is named after the founder of the first Rotary club, Mr Millard said he was taken aback: "I would like to thank my wife, Val for her enthusiasm and help with projects and the club for all the fellowship we have received over the years.
- 1 The Windmill pub is set to reopen after extensive refurbishment
- 2 Life is sweet! Cheesecake emporium opens in Brampton
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 Celebration of food and drink at town's first street food festival
- 5 Riley turns imagination into reality with best-selling adventure book
- 6 Tudor history and famous Chinese Bridge in Godmanchester
- 7 Paedophile foiled by undercover officer
- 8 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 9 Do you have items of history for nostalgia group?
- 10 Godmanchester community pulled together throughout the pandemic