First class first aiders
Two teenagers from Brampton and Huntingdon have been named among the best first-aiders in the UK – winning three top awards at a national competition. They were part of a team of seven from Cambridgeshire Army Cadet Force, which took top awards at the nat
Two teenagers from Brampton and Huntingdon have been named among the best first-aiders in the UK - winning three top awards at a national competition.
They were part of a team of seven from Cambridgeshire Army Cadet Force, which took top awards at the national St John Ambulance first aid competition finals.
Laura Conway, 19, from Brampton, and Anna Fox, 16, from Huntingdon, and five teammates competed at the Spa Complex, Scarborough on Thursday (November 28).
They beat 22 teams to win best inter services team, best young adult team and the young grand prior trophy for being best overall. Laura had a double success when she was presented with her gold Duke of Edinburgh Award.
You may also want to watch:
The team is coached by Sergeant Majors Graham Waterson and Les Edwards. After the awards Sgt Mjr Waterson said: "This result is simply sensational. We have taken the top awards here for three years in a row".
Pictured are Zoi King, Abbi Bowen, Amber Bradbury, Anna Fox, Abigail Durrant, Laura Conway, Jodi Page.Picture: SUPPLIED
- 1 Seven arrested after £70k-worth of bicycles stolen
- 2 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 3 Fundraising day at St Neots pub
- 4 Village job club providing vital service
- 5 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 6 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 7 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 8 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 9 New programme of events for Commemoration Hall
- 10 Benefits cut will leave Hunts families 'in debt', warns charity