First class first aiders
Two teenagers from Brampton and Huntingdon have been named among the best first-aiders in the UK – winning three top awards at a national competition. They were part of a team of seven from Cambridgeshire Army Cadet Force, which took top awards at the nat
Two teenagers from Brampton and Huntingdon have been named among the best first-aiders in the UK - winning three top awards at a national competition.
They were part of a team of seven from Cambridgeshire Army Cadet Force, which took top awards at the national St John Ambulance first aid competition finals.
Laura Conway, 19, from Brampton, and Anna Fox, 16, from Huntingdon, and five teammates competed at the Spa Complex, Scarborough on Thursday (November 28).
They beat 22 teams to win best inter services team, best young adult team and the young grand prior trophy for being best overall. Laura had a double success when she was presented with her gold Duke of Edinburgh Award.
You may also want to watch:
The team is coached by Sergeant Majors Graham Waterson and Les Edwards. After the awards Sgt Mjr Waterson said: "This result is simply sensational. We have taken the top awards here for three years in a row".
Pictured are Zoi King, Abbi Bowen, Amber Bradbury, Anna Fox, Abigail Durrant, Laura Conway, Jodi Page.Picture: SUPPLIED
- 1 Life is sweet! Cheesecake emporium opens in Brampton
- 2 The Windmill pub is set to reopen after extensive refurbishment
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 Do you have items of history for nostalgia group?
- 5 Paedophile foiled by undercover officer
- 6 Tudor history and famous Chinese Bridge in Godmanchester
- 7 Celebration of food and drink at town's first street food festival
- 8 Event to remember village's war hero
- 9 St Neots Town get new boss as Corr takes up Cambridge post
- 10 Drink-drive arrest after crash in Huntingdon