First Capital Connect restarts trains between Huntingdon and Peterborough after magnetic tape halts services
- Credit: Archant
Trains are back running between Huntingdon and Peterborough after earlier overhead wire problems.
A statement on First Capital Connect’s website says: “Owing to overhead wire problems between Huntingdon and Peterborough all lines are blocked.
“Train services through these stations may be subject to disruption on all routes at short notice. An estimate for the resumption of normal services will be provided as soon as the problem has been fully assessed.”
A spokesman for the company said at 3.15pm magnetic tape had blown onto the overhead lines, blocking all four lines. He added: “We apologise to train users for the delays.”
The line was reopened by 4.10pm.
Delays of up to 60 minutes remain on the line.
Earlier today, Huntingdonshire was hit by strong winds as a storm moves through the country.
- 1 The Real Pie Company has opened in Huntingdon
- 2 Drugs uncovered in Huntingdon home
- 3 Drug Dealer from Huntingdon has been sentenced
- 4 London Luton Airport and NATS will go ahead with Huntingdonshire flight path
- 5 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 6 Crafty Monkey is encouraging people to shop local this winter
- 7 Steve's Taxis has donated more than £20,000 to Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 8 Christmas Light Switch On's are back this year
- 9 Man dies following crash on A1198 near St Ives last month
- 10 Two year ban on begging for these six