First Capital Connect restarts trains between Huntingdon and Peterborough after magnetic tape halts services
- Credit: Archant
Trains are back running between Huntingdon and Peterborough after earlier overhead wire problems.
A statement on First Capital Connect’s website says: “Owing to overhead wire problems between Huntingdon and Peterborough all lines are blocked.
“Train services through these stations may be subject to disruption on all routes at short notice. An estimate for the resumption of normal services will be provided as soon as the problem has been fully assessed.”
A spokesman for the company said at 3.15pm magnetic tape had blown onto the overhead lines, blocking all four lines. He added: “We apologise to train users for the delays.”
The line was reopened by 4.10pm.
You may also want to watch:
Delays of up to 60 minutes remain on the line.
Earlier today, Huntingdonshire was hit by strong winds as a storm moves through the country.
- 1 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 2 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 3 Read our focus on Ramsey town centre
- 4 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 5 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 6 Charity 130-mile trek raises over £4,000 after rare diagnosis for Hunts man
- 7 Grants handed out to help people with cancer in Hunts total £17,000
- 8 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 9 Shops, homes and office space plan for town centre building
- 10 'Am I being overcharged for gas and electricity'?