First Capital Connect restarts trains between Huntingdon and Peterborough after magnetic tape halts services
- Credit: Archant
Trains are back running between Huntingdon and Peterborough after earlier overhead wire problems.
A statement on First Capital Connect’s website says: “Owing to overhead wire problems between Huntingdon and Peterborough all lines are blocked.
“Train services through these stations may be subject to disruption on all routes at short notice. An estimate for the resumption of normal services will be provided as soon as the problem has been fully assessed.”
A spokesman for the company said at 3.15pm magnetic tape had blown onto the overhead lines, blocking all four lines. He added: “We apologise to train users for the delays.”
The line was reopened by 4.10pm.
You may also want to watch:
Delays of up to 60 minutes remain on the line.
Earlier today, Huntingdonshire was hit by strong winds as a storm moves through the country.
- 1 Super slimmer who lost one third of her body weight crowned woman of year
- 2 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 3 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 4 Driver of fully laden HGV who failed breath test 'couldn't stand up unaided'
- 5 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 6 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 7 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 8 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 9 Hinchingbrooke paediatrician’s relief after getting Covid-19 vaccine
- 10 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village