First Capital Connect launches free delay alert service
- Credit: Archant
DAYS after the snow caused delays to trains running through Huntingdon and St Neots, First Capital Connect has launched a free delay alert service.
Commuters can sign up to receive e-mails or texts to alert them of delays of 10 minutes or more on the trains they use after the idea was suggested to the company by its customers.
Managing director Neal Lawson said: “Our customers have been calling for a service that pushes bespoke information about their train services to their mobile and computer and we have listened and developed this new free travel tool.
“If we have more snow and disruption this will be all the more important and helpful.”
Mr Lawson is also taking part in Prostate Cancer UK’s Nutcracker Suite campaign on Friday and for every £5 that is donated by texting CRACK to 70004, the managing director will smash a walnut.
You may also want to watch:
INFORMATION: Sign up for the alerts by visiting www.firstcapitalconnect.co.uk/alerts
- 1 Family farmers win court case against oat milk giants
- 2 Driver escapes injury after A14 lorry fire
- 3 Look inside new £260,000 luxury flats at former 90s nightclub
- 4 Huntingdon home to one of the most 'luxurious' breakfasts in the UK
- 5 Great turnout and 'disco royalty' at DSCNNCT festival
- 6 Four dogs rescued after being abandoned on A14
- 7 Pigeons still roosting on old A14 bridge despite preventative mesh
- 8 Huntingdon 'predator' jailed for raping woman at his home
- 9 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 10 Visiting to resume at Hinchingbrooke Hospital