First Capital Connect launches free delay alert service
- Credit: Archant
DAYS after the snow caused delays to trains running through Huntingdon and St Neots, First Capital Connect has launched a free delay alert service.
Commuters can sign up to receive e-mails or texts to alert them of delays of 10 minutes or more on the trains they use after the idea was suggested to the company by its customers.
Managing director Neal Lawson said: “Our customers have been calling for a service that pushes bespoke information about their train services to their mobile and computer and we have listened and developed this new free travel tool.
“If we have more snow and disruption this will be all the more important and helpful.”
Mr Lawson is also taking part in Prostate Cancer UK’s Nutcracker Suite campaign on Friday and for every £5 that is donated by texting CRACK to 70004, the managing director will smash a walnut.
You may also want to watch:
INFORMATION: Sign up for the alerts by visiting www.firstcapitalconnect.co.uk/alerts
- 1 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 2 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 3 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 4 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 5 Read our focus on Ramsey town centre
- 6 Best Seat in the House - Meal boxes - are they an over-priced luxury?
- 7 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 8 Letter of the Week: Brexit gain for food bank!
- 9 More Readers' Photos for this week
- 10 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke