First Capital Connect launches free delay alert service
- Credit: Archant
DAYS after the snow caused delays to trains running through Huntingdon and St Neots, First Capital Connect has launched a free delay alert service.
Commuters can sign up to receive e-mails or texts to alert them of delays of 10 minutes or more on the trains they use after the idea was suggested to the company by its customers.
Managing director Neal Lawson said: “Our customers have been calling for a service that pushes bespoke information about their train services to their mobile and computer and we have listened and developed this new free travel tool.
“If we have more snow and disruption this will be all the more important and helpful.”
Mr Lawson is also taking part in Prostate Cancer UK’s Nutcracker Suite campaign on Friday and for every £5 that is donated by texting CRACK to 70004, the managing director will smash a walnut.
INFORMATION: Sign up for the alerts by visiting www.firstcapitalconnect.co.uk/alerts
- 1 Young man dies on B645 near St Neots following a head-on crash
- 2 Tributes for Godmanchester mum Lisa Leader who passed away on Friday
- 3 Businesswoman who launched popular St Ives shop has died
- 4 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 5 Ex-wife of killer Colin Hill shares rape ordeal more than 30 years on
- 6 Overwhelming response to MND charity walk
- 7 Local businesses join forces to create a Christmas Beer
- 8 House set alight in Brampton
- 9 Health chiefs call for action amid rise in sexually transmitted infections
- 10 Man who assaulted police officer claimed it was 'black magic'