First Capital Connect launches free delay alert service
- Credit: Archant
DAYS after the snow caused delays to trains running through Huntingdon and St Neots, First Capital Connect has launched a free delay alert service.
Commuters can sign up to receive e-mails or texts to alert them of delays of 10 minutes or more on the trains they use after the idea was suggested to the company by its customers.
Managing director Neal Lawson said: “Our customers have been calling for a service that pushes bespoke information about their train services to their mobile and computer and we have listened and developed this new free travel tool.
“If we have more snow and disruption this will be all the more important and helpful.”
Mr Lawson is also taking part in Prostate Cancer UK’s Nutcracker Suite campaign on Friday and for every £5 that is donated by texting CRACK to 70004, the managing director will smash a walnut.
You may also want to watch:
INFORMATION: Sign up for the alerts by visiting www.firstcapitalconnect.co.uk/alerts
- 1 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 2 Harrowing video warning from seriously ill 20-year-old who survived Covid
- 3 Parking issues in Huntingdon are a 'safety hazard' says community chairman
- 4 Child rescued from floodwater in Godmanchester
- 5 First patients in St Ives to receive Covid-19 vaccination
- 6 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 7 Here's your 'thank you' messages for school staff
- 8 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise
- 9 Flood warnings issued as police receive multiple calls
- 10 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week