Firefighters stop blaze spreading to Ramsey home after woman makes homemade incinerator

FIREFIGHTERS managed to stop a bin fire spreading to a home after a woman decided to burn wood in a homemade incinerator. The blaze broke out at 3.39pm on Monday (June 22) in a garden in School Drove, Ramsey Heights and spread to a nearby garage. Phil T

FIREFIGHTERS managed to stop a bin fire spreading to a home after a woman decided to burn wood in a homemade incinerator.

The blaze broke out at 3.39pm on Monday (June 22) in a garden in School Drove, Ramsey Heights and spread to a nearby garage.

Phil Thacker, crew manager at Ramsey Fire Service said: "A female at the property was burning off some wood in a homemade incinerator which was standing on dry grass. The fire spread to the dry grass and up the wall to the garage. We were able to extinguish the fire quickly and luckily only the side of the garage was damaged by fire and it did not spread to the house. We would advice members of the public to ensure that they place kind of fire on a solid ground such as a paving slab well-away from any buildings or flammable items and stay with the fire at all times.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter