Firefighters dig dog out of fox hole in Eaton Ford
FIREFIGHTERS spent an hour digging out a dog that got stuck in a hole in Eaton Ford. Two-year-old Jack Russell, Ted was trapped underground for several hours after running down a fox hole in a field near the river on Friday (March 5). After f
FIREFIGHTERS spent an hour digging out a dog that got stuck in a hole in Eaton Ford.
Two-year-old Jack Russell, Ted was trapped underground for several hours after running down a fox hole in a field near the river on Friday (March 5).
After failing to coax him out of his hiding place his distressed owner phoned the emergency services.
Fire crews arrived at 10.26am and used specialist vibraphone equipment that sends out sounds waves to locate Ted. They then spent about an hour digging out the dog with the help of passers-by.
Ted was released uninjured.
His owner, Susan Lee said "He's always going down the holes. He was running in and out of this hole, and I tried to grab him out but he had gone too far and did not come out for ages.
- 1 Rocks thrown at St Neots school building in vandal attack
- 2 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 3 All aboard! St Neots father and son to tackle London underground for charity
- 4 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 5 Social club can extend opening hours as 'no evidence' of problems
- 6 Fun in the sun at Huntingdon Carnival 2022
- 7 Improved Ofsted rating for village primary school
- 8 Cyclist left with serious injuries after bus collision in St Ives
- 9 Permanent Friday home for HCCN group
- 10 Police called to reports of violence in Huntingdon
"In the end I had to call the fire service because I could hear him whimpering but he was too far down the tunnel to reach.
"He does not seem very upset about it. In fact, he tried to go back down the hole after the firefighters had got him out.
"He is not injured, but he is very dirty. I have washed him once already and he is still filthy."
Jon-Paul Jones, watch manager at St Neots said "This was a particularly difficult rescue and it took the combined efforts of two crews and some specialist rescue equipment to finally get Ted out of the hole.
"I would like to thank the members of the public who were passing by and helped out with the digging. Their help was greatly appreciated.
"We would recommend that people keep a close eye on their dogs if they let them off their lead in fields, and to look out for holes, as this shows how easy it can be for your pet to get into a hole that they can not get out of.