Firefighters called to kitchen blaze

OXYGEN was given to a St Neots woman and a teenage boy after a fire broke out in their home on Monday evening. The pair had mistakenly turned on the grill pan instead of the oven while cooking a pizza. A small amount of fat on the grill pan caught light

OXYGEN was given to a St Neots woman and a teenage boy after a fire broke out in their home on Monday evening.

The pair had mistakenly turned on the grill pan instead of the oven while cooking a pizza.

A small amount of fat on the grill pan caught light and thick black smoke filled the kitchen.

When firefighters arrived at the property in Marchioness Way, Eaton Socon, the fire was out but both the woman and the boy were suffering from smoke inhalation. Crews administrated oxygen to the pair until paramedics arrived.


You may also want to watch:


The home had a working smoke alarm but it was located upstairs.

Mick Housden, watch manager at St Neots fire station, said: "It is vital that residents have a working smoke alarm on each floor of their home.

Most Read

INFORMATION: Contact Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service on 01480 444666 for a free home fire safety check.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus