Fire authority Tories ‘know it all’
THE well publicised public meeting held in Huntingdon was well supported by the Fire Brigades Union and opposition members of the Cambridgeshire Fire Authority – and heard a presentation of an alternative to the package of cuts pushed through at the recent fire authority meeting.
What a great pity that both in the interests of both the future of the fire service in the county and in the furtherance of their knowledge and understanding, not one single Conservative member attended - including any of the newly appointed members: they presumably think they know it all and have nothing to learn.
Councillor GEOFFREY HEATHCOCK
Senior member of the opposition
Cambs and Peterbrough Fire Authority
You may also want to watch:
Queen Ediths Way
- 1 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 2 Patients avoided going to the doctor out of fear of 'catching Covid'
- 3 'We want to help our market towns' - Funding plans extended due to pandemic
- 4 Hoax caller flouted strict court order after just three days
- 5 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 6 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 7 Huntingdon care home company scoops award in region's top 20
- 8 New community space opens at Alconbury Weald
- 9 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 10 Rise in Covid-positive pregnant women requiring critical care