Fire authority Tories ‘know it all’
THE well publicised public meeting held in Huntingdon was well supported by the Fire Brigades Union and opposition members of the Cambridgeshire Fire Authority – and heard a presentation of an alternative to the package of cuts pushed through at the recent fire authority meeting.
What a great pity that both in the interests of both the future of the fire service in the county and in the furtherance of their knowledge and understanding, not one single Conservative member attended - including any of the newly appointed members: they presumably think they know it all and have nothing to learn.
Councillor GEOFFREY HEATHCOCK
Senior member of the opposition
Cambs and Peterbrough Fire Authority
You may also want to watch:
Queen Ediths Way
- 1 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 2 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 3 Read our focus on Ramsey town centre
- 4 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 5 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 6 Charity 130-mile trek raises over £4,000 after rare diagnosis for Hunts man
- 7 Grants handed out to help people with cancer in Hunts total £17,000
- 8 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 9 Best Seat in the House - Meal boxes - are they an over-priced luxury?
- 10 More Readers' Photos for this week