Fings ain't wot they used to be
HAVING problems crossing the road in Primrose Lane urged me to write, as the roads around Huntingdon are getting disgusting. They cannot be cleaned due to the massive parking of cars both sides of the roads all around the town, making it difficult to cle
HAVING problems crossing the road in Primrose Lane urged me to write, as the roads around Huntingdon are getting disgusting.
They cannot be cleaned due to the massive parking of cars both sides of the roads all around the town, making it difficult to clean them and for pedestrians crossing the roads. I believe our army of councillors are aware of this but are far too busy spending millions of pounds of tax payer's money on massive structures of council offices around the town. I believe people may need a guide to get around Pathfinder Palace.
Why do our local councillors need such massive offices? They cannot even collect the Council Tax now. Are they ashamed of what they charge for their very poor service to the people of Huntingdon? I believe some of our councillors work from home to claim expenses for heating and lighting. Why do they need such massive office blocks all over town?
How many would know when our council was run from Gazeley House in town with a small team of shopkeepers on the council and our Council Tax was modest. We had street sweepers and police officers pound the beat around town around the clock. What has happened to them? I believe over policemen all want a car each now.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Pubs with outdoor seating and details of how to book a table, from April 12
- 2 Village was location of rail disaster and hosted music festival for many years
- 3 Ancient church and former airfield are historical features of Graveley village
- 4 Man who drove at runner before crashing is disqualified
- 5 Village bonded during pandemic and community began stronger
- 6 Bandstand in Huntingdon lit up for Prince Philip as district pays tribute to 'dedicated' royal consort
- 7 Former Huntingdon MP, Sir John Major, talks about how the Queen will cope without the Duke at her side
- 8 What are the rules when pubs reopen on April 12
- 9 Vegetable collections and hand sanitiser production was village's response to pandemic
- 10 Highways England agreed to meet A14 campaigners at site of 'dangerous junctions'