Fings ain't wot they used to be
HAVING problems crossing the road in Primrose Lane urged me to write, as the roads around Huntingdon are getting disgusting. They cannot be cleaned due to the massive parking of cars both sides of the roads all around the town, making it difficult to cle
HAVING problems crossing the road in Primrose Lane urged me to write, as the roads around Huntingdon are getting disgusting.
They cannot be cleaned due to the massive parking of cars both sides of the roads all around the town, making it difficult to clean them and for pedestrians crossing the roads. I believe our army of councillors are aware of this but are far too busy spending millions of pounds of tax payer's money on massive structures of council offices around the town. I believe people may need a guide to get around Pathfinder Palace.
Why do our local councillors need such massive offices? They cannot even collect the Council Tax now. Are they ashamed of what they charge for their very poor service to the people of Huntingdon? I believe some of our councillors work from home to claim expenses for heating and lighting. Why do they need such massive office blocks all over town?
How many would know when our council was run from Gazeley House in town with a small team of shopkeepers on the council and our Council Tax was modest. We had street sweepers and police officers pound the beat around town around the clock. What has happened to them? I believe over policemen all want a car each now.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Warning after man spotted in Huntingdon hanging around vehicles
- 2 Help for dog owners who bought puppies in lockdown
- 3 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 4 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 5 Dad uses own mental health struggles to support other men
- 6 Dog owners urged to take extra precautions after spate of thefts
- 7 Covid-19 vaccine rolled out at care home in Huntingdon
- 8 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 9 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 10 Astronomers at Alconbury are searching for signs of alien life in space