Finding time for a fitness regime
The Hunts Post has teamed up with Huntingdonshire District Council for a fitness drive: It s time to get Hunts healthy. Five of our readers are putting themselves through their paces at Impression Fitness Suites. Sarah Peak is the first of them. I TRY,
The Hunts Post has teamed up with Huntingdonshire District Council for a fitness drive: It's time to get Hunts healthy. Five of our readers are putting themselves through their paces at Impression Fitness Suites. Sarah Peak is the first of them.
"I TRY, but by six or seven o' clock I'm too tired to do anything else."
Keeping fit can be an eternal struggle, and finding the time to even get to the gym can be problematic.
Sarah Peak, who won six months membership at St Neots Impressions Fitness Suite in a Hunts Post competition, has been finding things difficult.
Given an induction four weeks ago, Sarah has been back to the gym several times since.
"They showed me how to use various bits of equipment and they gave me a programme to work through. If you want to alter it, do more or work harder, you can.
- 1 Young man dies on B645 near St Neots following a head-on crash
- 2 Air Ambulance is called to serious crash on London Road in St Ives
- 3 Tributes for Godmanchester mum Lisa Leader who passed away on Friday
- 4 Businesswoman who launched popular St Ives shop has died
- 5 House set alight in Brampton
- 6 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 7 Overwhelming response to MND charity walk
- 8 Local businesses join forces to create a Christmas Beer
- 9 Ex-wife of killer Colin Hill shares rape ordeal more than 30 years on
- 10 Man who assaulted police officer claimed it was 'black magic'
"They put it to me what they thought would be good for me, and it is."
When Sarah, 49, collected her prize in June, she said that her busy lifestyle might prevent her from taking regular exercise.
But she readily admits that "when I go, I feel better".
"I go when I can, and that's the way I always planned," she said. "I have it in my mind to go next week."
When at the gym, there is a wealth of experience and equipment.
Recently refurbished, the St Neots facilities have state-of-the-art equipment and all members have their own individual programmes and data which are stored on the machines.
While Sarah said she has always been "fairly healthy", the gym visits and the exercise regime was a good bonus.
INFORMATION: Contact the Impressions team on 01480 388700 or visit the Impressions website at www.huntsdc.gov.uk/Leisure+and+Culture for more information.
Membership is also available at Ramsey, Sawtry, St Ives and Huntingdon leisure centres.