Finding the correct path for new route
HUNTINDON residents can have their say on a new shared path for pedestrian and cyclists which has been proposed for Sapley Road. The consultation is being held by Cambridgeshire County Council, which says the new path would provide a valuable link between
HUNTINDON residents can have their say on a new shared path for pedestrian and cyclists which has been proposed for Sapley Road.
The consultation is being held by Cambridgeshire County Council, which says the new path would provide a valuable link between residential areas and Towerfields.
The shared path would have a minimum width of 2m and would be built along the western side of Sapley Road, continuing for nearly 2km and linking up with the existing cycleway that currently ends at Robertson Way.
The consultation runs until February 15, and anyone wanting a copy of the consultation leaflet can contact 01223 718587.
You may also want to watch:
Emma Murden, project manager for CCC, said: "We believe this cycleway will provide a safer link from Towerfields to Main Street benefiting residents, businesses and schools in the local area. The consultation gives local residents the chance to have their say and we would encourage as many of you as possible to let us know your views."
The route was identified as part of the walking and cycling network within the Huntingdon and Godmanchester Market Town Strategy.
- 1 The Windmill pub is set to reopen after extensive refurbishment
- 2 Life is sweet! Cheesecake emporium opens in Brampton
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 Tudor history and famous Chinese Bridge in Godmanchester
- 5 Riley turns imagination into reality with best-selling adventure book
- 6 Celebration of food and drink at town's first street food festival
- 7 Paedophile foiled by undercover officer
- 8 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 9 Do you have items of history for nostalgia group?
- 10 Godmanchester community pulled together throughout the pandemic