Road works and lane closures around Huntingdon, week commencing Monday, July 13
- Credit: Archant
Lane closures and road improvements on A14 Cambridge to Huntingdon road, from Monday.
Construction work on the new A14 Cambridge to Huntingdon scheme is underway. The Highways Agency is currently carrying out a variety of tasks for which they need to close lanes or carriageways on the A1, A14 and some local roads at times, usually overnight between 8pm and 6am, unless otherwise stated. Diversion routes will be in place for closures.
For this week, the planned closures are:
Monday 13 to Friday 17 (five nights)
You may also want to watch:
• A14 eastbound Milton junction 33 exit slip
Vehicles will be diverted to exit the A14 at Histon junction 32, B1049 Bridge Road, Impington Lane, Burgoynes Road, Milton Road and Butt Lane to access Milton or the A10.
- 1 Huntingdon dealer who stole from vulnerable man is jailed
- 2 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 3 Delicious dessert shop 'Snix Snax' opens
- 4 Royal Oak in Hail Weston named as the best pub in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Warning to Huntingdon residents about the legal use of e-scooters
- 6 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 7 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 8 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 9 Huntingdon man found with stash of drugs and cash is jailed
- 10 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
• A10 northbound from Milton junction 33
Vehicles will be diverted onto A14 westbound, exit at Histon junction 32, B1049 Bridge Road, Impington Lane, Burgoynes Road, Milton Road and Butt Lane to access Milton or the A10.
Monday 13 to Tuesday 14 (two nights)
• A14 westbound between Six Mile Bottom junction 36 and Milton junction 33. Motorway traffic will travel south on the A11, west on the A505 and then north on the M11. Non motorway traffic will diverted on local roads through Cambridge.
• A14 westbound Girton junction 31 entry slip from A1307 Huntingdon Road. Vehicles will be diverted over Dry Drayton overbridge, A1307 westbound to Bar Hill for access to the A14.
Monday 13 (one night)
• A14 eastbound Bar Hill junction 25 exit slip. Vehicles will be signposted to exit the A14 at Swavesey junction 24 and use
the A1307 to access the Bar Hill junction.
• A14 westbound Bar Hill junction 25 entry slip
Vehicles will be diverted onto the A1307 to Swavesey to access the A14 westbound.
Saturday 18 (one night) 9pm – 8am
• Brampton Road B1514 between station car park and Edison Bell Way. Vehicles on the Huntingdon town centre side will be diverted onto the ring road, St Peters Road to A141 west to Brampton / Brampton Racecourse junction and into Brampton via B1514. Vehicles on the Brampton side of the closure will follow this diversion in reverse.
For more information about this scheme, visit https://highwaysengland.co.uk/a14-
cambridge-to-huntingdon-improvement-scheme-home/ , or stay updated by following
us on https://twitter.com/a14c2h and https://en-gb.facebook.com/A14C2H/.