Final phase of �16million Pathfinder House scheme almost complete
THE final phase of Huntingdonshire District Council s �16million Pathfinder House scheme, the civic suite including the new council chamber, public meeting rooms and first-floor offices – seen taking shape at the top right of the picture – is expected t
THE final phase of Huntingdonshire District Council's �16million Pathfinder House scheme, the 'civic suite' including the new council chamber, public meeting rooms and first-floor offices - seen taking shape at the top right of the picture - is expected to be finished in May.
"It's coming along splendidly, and the whole thing should be fully in use by next May," said project director Richard Preston.
"Apart from the buildings, we shall also need to finish off what is called the 'public realm' - the paving between the new buildings and Castle Hill House."
Part of the site, at the southern end of St Mary's Street, has planning consent for 14 flats, but so far no developer to build them.
You may also want to watch:
Completion of the second phase of Pathfinder House will mean HDC can transfer its public-facing customer service operation out of Centenary House, at the corner of the ring road.
The council will also have to decide what to do with Grade II*-listed Castle Hill House, currently used as offices for senior managers. Increasing use of technology and home-working has reduced HDC's need for office space, so the 18th century brick building, which was the wartime headquarters of the RAF's Pathfinder force, may be surplus to requirements.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Lorry driver who 'couldn't stand up' was three times over drink-drive limit
- 4 Fantastic snow photos from our Hunts Post readers
- 5 Ramsey schoolgirl names new housing development
- 6 Help for dog owners who bought puppies in lockdown
- 7 Man who drove lorry while three times over the drink-drive limit has been jailed
- 8 Dad uses own mental health struggles to support other men
- 9 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 10 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village