FILM TRAILER, REVIEW AND COMPETITION: Alice in Wonderland (PG)
FANS of Tim Burton s gothic fantasties will likely purr and roll on to their backs like the Cheshire Cat when they see Alice in Wonderland. Lovers of Lewis Carroll s novels will be tickled. Children may be blown away by the film s beautiful rush. The res
FANS of Tim Burton's gothic fantasties will likely purr and roll on to their backs like the Cheshire Cat when they see Alice in Wonderland.
Lovers of Lewis Carroll's novels will be tickled. Children may be blown away by the film's beautiful rush. The rest of us will be underwhelmed.
In this 3D cross between a remake and a sequel, a 19-year old Alice falls down the rabbit hole to return to the magical world from her childhood.
You may also want to watch:
With the help of eccentric characters including the Caterpillar, the White Rabbit and the Mad Hatter, Alice has to face up to her destiny by fighting the Jabberwocky.
The film looks good but is in too much of a rush to build up an atmosphere.
- 1 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 2 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 3 Read our focus on Ramsey town centre
- 4 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 5 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 6 Charity 130-mile trek raises over £4,000 after rare diagnosis for Hunts man
- 7 Grants handed out to help people with cancer in Hunts total £17,000
- 8 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 9 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 10 Woman dies after car hits lamppost in Eaton Ford
The 3D effects work well but, unlike Avatar, there are times when flying teacups seem like a gimmick.
Tim Burton's wife, Helena Bonham Carter steals the show as the Red Queen.
To be in with a chance of winning one of three pairs of tickets to see Alice in Wonderland at Cineworld in Huntingdon, just tell us who plays the Red Queen.
Send your answer on a postcard or sealed envelope to: Alice in Wonderland competition, The Hunts Post, 30 High Street, Huntingdon, PE29 3TB or email Natalie.firstname.lastname@example.org
Entries should include your name, address and a daytime telephone number and reach us by March 12.
Archant Limited may wish to contact you about special offers, products and services by email from time to time. If you WOULD like to be contacted by email please include your email address on your postal entry or mark your email entry with 'Agreed to contact'.
Usual Archant competition rules apply.