FILM TRAILER, REVIEW AND COMPETITION: Alice in Wonderland (PG)
FANS of Tim Burton s gothic fantasties will likely purr and roll on to their backs like the Cheshire Cat when they see Alice in Wonderland. Lovers of Lewis Carroll s novels will be tickled. Children may be blown away by the film s beautiful rush. The res
FANS of Tim Burton's gothic fantasties will likely purr and roll on to their backs like the Cheshire Cat when they see Alice in Wonderland.
Lovers of Lewis Carroll's novels will be tickled. Children may be blown away by the film's beautiful rush. The rest of us will be underwhelmed.
In this 3D cross between a remake and a sequel, a 19-year old Alice falls down the rabbit hole to return to the magical world from her childhood.
With the help of eccentric characters including the Caterpillar, the White Rabbit and the Mad Hatter, Alice has to face up to her destiny by fighting the Jabberwocky.
The film looks good but is in too much of a rush to build up an atmosphere.
- 1 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 2 Huntingdon town mayor supports launch of The Eclettica
- 3 Could you give these pets a home?
- 4 Oliver Cromwell pub has had a brand new refurbishment
- 5 'He is our hero' - D-day veteran Wilf, 102, gets surprise visit in St Neots
- 6 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 7 Family pay tribute to woman who died following St Ives crash
- 8 Huntingdon Racecourse - surviving the pandemic and then came the floods!
- 9 A look at how people prepared for Christmas in the last 100 years
- 10 St Ives Town Mayor visits The Filling Station and tries new Christmas Beer
The 3D effects work well but, unlike Avatar, there are times when flying teacups seem like a gimmick.
Tim Burton's wife, Helena Bonham Carter steals the show as the Red Queen.
To be in with a chance of winning one of three pairs of tickets to see Alice in Wonderland at Cineworld in Huntingdon, just tell us who plays the Red Queen.
Send your answer on a postcard or sealed envelope to: Alice in Wonderland competition, The Hunts Post, 30 High Street, Huntingdon, PE29 3TB or email Natalie.firstname.lastname@example.org
Entries should include your name, address and a daytime telephone number and reach us by March 12.
Archant Limited may wish to contact you about special offers, products and services by email from time to time. If you WOULD like to be contacted by email please include your email address on your postal entry or mark your email entry with 'Agreed to contact'.
Usual Archant competition rules apply.