FILM COMPETITION AND TRAILER: Dorian Gray (Cert 15)
ORIGINALLY brought to the big screen in 1970, this film is based on Oscar Wilde s classic novel that follows a handsome man s pursuit of eternal youth. Ben Barnes (Chronicles of Narnia) plays the breathtakingly beautiful young man, Dorian Gray whose port
ORIGINALLY brought to the big screen in 1970, this film is based on Oscar Wilde's classic novel that follows a handsome man's pursuit of eternal youth.
Ben Barnes (Chronicles of Narnia) plays the breathtakingly beautiful young man, Dorian Gray whose portrait is painted by artist Basil Hallward (Ben Chaplin).
Soon after, Dorian meets Lord Henry Wotton (Colin Firth), a charismatic socialite who believes in nothing more than the pursuit of beauty and sensual pleasures.
You may also want to watch:
On hearing this, Dorian proclaims that he will remain exactly as he appears in the painting, pledging to sacrifice anything - even his soul - if the portrait can grow old instead of him.
From then on each of his sins appear as ghastly physical disfigurements on the painting, while his own appearance remains youthful and flawless.
- 1 Driver of fully laden HGV who failed breath test 'couldn't stand up unaided'
- 2 Super slimmer who lost one third of her body weight crowned woman of year
- 3 It's snowing! Send us your snow photos
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 6 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 7 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 8 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 9 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 10 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
We have three pairs of tickets to give away to see Dorian Gray at Cineworld in Huntingdon.
To be in with a chance of winning a pair, just tell us the name of the actor who plays artist Basil Hallward.
Send your answer on a postcard or sealed envelope to: Dorian Gray competition, The Hunts Post, 30 High Street, Huntingdon, PE29 3TB or email Natalie.email@example.com
Entries should include your name, address and a daytime telephone number and reach us by Friday, October 2.
Usual Archant competition rules apply.