FILM COMPETITION AND TRAILER: Dorian Gray (Cert 15)
ORIGINALLY brought to the big screen in 1970, this film is based on Oscar Wilde s classic novel that follows a handsome man s pursuit of eternal youth. Ben Barnes (Chronicles of Narnia) plays the breathtakingly beautiful young man, Dorian Gray whose port
ORIGINALLY brought to the big screen in 1970, this film is based on Oscar Wilde's classic novel that follows a handsome man's pursuit of eternal youth.
Ben Barnes (Chronicles of Narnia) plays the breathtakingly beautiful young man, Dorian Gray whose portrait is painted by artist Basil Hallward (Ben Chaplin).
Soon after, Dorian meets Lord Henry Wotton (Colin Firth), a charismatic socialite who believes in nothing more than the pursuit of beauty and sensual pleasures.
You may also want to watch:
On hearing this, Dorian proclaims that he will remain exactly as he appears in the painting, pledging to sacrifice anything - even his soul - if the portrait can grow old instead of him.
From then on each of his sins appear as ghastly physical disfigurements on the painting, while his own appearance remains youthful and flawless.
- 1 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 2 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 3 Read our focus on Ramsey town centre
- 4 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 5 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 6 Charity 130-mile trek raises over £4,000 after rare diagnosis for Hunts man
- 7 Grants handed out to help people with cancer in Hunts total £17,000
- 8 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 9 'Am I being overcharged for gas and electricity'?
- 10 Woman dies after car hits lamppost in Eaton Ford
We have three pairs of tickets to give away to see Dorian Gray at Cineworld in Huntingdon.
To be in with a chance of winning a pair, just tell us the name of the actor who plays artist Basil Hallward.
Send your answer on a postcard or sealed envelope to: Dorian Gray competition, The Hunts Post, 30 High Street, Huntingdon, PE29 3TB or email Natalie.firstname.lastname@example.org
Entries should include your name, address and a daytime telephone number and reach us by Friday, October 2.
Usual Archant competition rules apply.