FILM COMPETITION AND TRAILER: Dorian Gray (Cert 15)
ORIGINALLY brought to the big screen in 1970, this film is based on Oscar Wilde s classic novel that follows a handsome man s pursuit of eternal youth. Ben Barnes (Chronicles of Narnia) plays the breathtakingly beautiful young man, Dorian Gray whose port
ORIGINALLY brought to the big screen in 1970, this film is based on Oscar Wilde's classic novel that follows a handsome man's pursuit of eternal youth.
Ben Barnes (Chronicles of Narnia) plays the breathtakingly beautiful young man, Dorian Gray whose portrait is painted by artist Basil Hallward (Ben Chaplin).
Soon after, Dorian meets Lord Henry Wotton (Colin Firth), a charismatic socialite who believes in nothing more than the pursuit of beauty and sensual pleasures.
On hearing this, Dorian proclaims that he will remain exactly as he appears in the painting, pledging to sacrifice anything - even his soul - if the portrait can grow old instead of him.
From then on each of his sins appear as ghastly physical disfigurements on the painting, while his own appearance remains youthful and flawless.
- 1 St Ivo Academy celebrate the success of its star girls teams and international call ups
- 2 St Ivo Dance alumnae stars in Britain's Got Talent, the West End and Comic Relief
- 3 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 4 Hunts history festival kicked off with a bang!
- 5 Top roles confirmed at council owned housing firm
- 6 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 7 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 8 A1 set for night-time and weekend closures until August
- 9 New archdeacon for Huntingdon and Wisbech
- 10 Vehicle caught fire on A1 near St Neots
We have three pairs of tickets to give away to see Dorian Gray at Cineworld in Huntingdon.
To be in with a chance of winning a pair, just tell us the name of the actor who plays artist Basil Hallward.
Send your answer on a postcard or sealed envelope to: Dorian Gray competition, The Hunts Post, 30 High Street, Huntingdon, PE29 3TB or email Natalie.email@example.com
Entries should include your name, address and a daytime telephone number and reach us by Friday, October 2.
Usual Archant competition rules apply.