St Ives care home to host event about preventing falls among the elderly
- Credit: Archant
A care home in St Ives is inviting local people to a free event where they can learn more about preventing falls among older people.
On January 23, from 2pm-4pm, Care UK’s Field Lodge, in London Road, is welcoming experts to give advice to the local community.
Marion Foreman from All Together Better, as well as a representative from Orchard Mobility, will be visiting the home to discuss common causes of slips and trips, as well as providing practical tips for maintaining independence and reducing balance problems.
After the event, there will be a question and answer session an opportunity to meet the team at Field Lodge and take a tour of the care home.
Linda Martinez, home manager at Field Lodge, said: “Falls prevention is very important to the team and to the wellbeing of the residents, as accidental falls can occasionally lead to further health issues. Here at Field Lodge, we seek to provide in-depth advice to people in the local community on topics relating to our work, and we are able to do just that with the help of specially selected experts who will be speaking at this session.
You may also want to watch:
“It is imperative that we create a safe environment for older people in the community, and ensure that family and friends have the correct information to prevent accidents. This event has proved popular in the past, so we are looking forward to welcoming local people to Field Lodge for what promises to be another interesting and inspiring afternoon of information and guidance.”
INFO: To book a place at this free event, call Julie May on: 01480 878 073, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 2 One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 3 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 4 Concerns raised about increase in lorries if plan goes ahead
- 5 New emergency facilities open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 6 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 7 Hunts Post Reader Photos for this week
- 8 Tim retires after 25 years with law firm
- 9 Do you remember the old cinemas in Huntingdonshire?
- 10 New griddle restaurant opens in St Neots