Fete to take place in St Neots to raise money for orphans
AN ENTERPRISING pupil and teacher at a St Neots school are organising a charity fete to raise money for an orphanage in Kenya. Sixth former Laura Gowling at Longsands College is arranging a summer fete at the college on Saturday, July 11 from 1pm-4pm. M
AN ENTERPRISING pupil and teacher at a St Neots school are organising a charity fete to raise money for an orphanage in Kenya.
Sixth former Laura Gowling at Longsands College is arranging a summer fete at the college on Saturday, July 11 from 1pm-4pm.
Money raised will go towards funding projects at the Arap Moi Orphange in Nakuru.
The orphanage has strong links with the school. Former Longsands College teacher, Dan Glover and his wife, Catherine, a former St Ivo School teacher, now teach in Kenya and volunteer at Arap Moi.
You may also want to watch:
Abby Burt, enterprise co-ordinator at Longsands College, who volunteered at the orphanage in May, said: "Arap Moi are in desperate need of funds to help them improve the lives of these orphans. We are aiming to make enough money to build a new bedroom block, as the children sleep either three to a bed or on the floor and a playground."
The fete will include games, a bouncy castle, stalls run by students, sports competitions, music and an art exhibition at the Creative Exchange in St Neots.
- 1 Man named following fatal collision near Bluntisham
- 2 Police move in to close house after reports of anti-social behaviour
- 3 Jail for man who stole more than £25,000 from company
- 4 Almost 100 'sexual and violent crimes' recorded in two of our towns in one month
- 5 Vaccine centres offering earlier second dose AstraZeneca
- 6 Plans for Ox-Cam Arc are 'pretty awful'
- 7 Schoolgirl cuts her hair so friend can have a wig
- 8 Nathan’s Go-Fund Me page raises more than £6,000 and family pay tribute
- 9 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 10 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
Food and refreshments will also be available.
Miss Burt, who is helping Laura organise the fete, said: "I am delighted that she has taken the initiative to do something to make a difference to these kids' lives.
"Please come along to support our students and help make a difference to the children of Arap Moi Orphanage."
Laura is also organising a seven-a-side football tournament and car boot sale at St Neots Football Club on Sunday, June 28. The winning team will receive tickets to see one-day of the Emirates Cup. Teams can register by emailing email@example.com
INFORMATION: If you would like to help on the day, donate a prize for the raffle or tombola or sponsor the event, contact Abby Burt on 01480 353535, or email ABurt@longsands.cambs.sch.uk. To find out more about Arap Moi Orphange, visit http://www.arapmoiorphanage.org