Fenstanton's Mo le MOT juste
LAST year we took our car for an MOT to a garage in St Ives, knowing full well it would fail due to a faulty washer bottle which leaked so you couldn t spray the windscreen. We were told we couldn t wait and to go for a coffee and come back later. Upon ar
LAST year we took our car for an MOT to a garage in St Ives, knowing full well it would fail due to a faulty washer bottle which leaked so you couldn't spray the windscreen.
We were told we couldn't wait and to go for a coffee and come back later. Upon arriving back we were told that a coil spring needed replacing on the front and the middle box of the exhaust needed replacing as it had a hole in it (which it hadn't).
We were quoted �120 for the job, which we agreed to and then waited. On completion we were met with a bill for �210. Not just 90 quid more than quoted but we waited by the office and nobody saw fit to inform us (which is wrong, as you have to ask the customer's permission to carry on). What would happen if we didn't have the funds to support this?
However, the most amazing bit was yet to come. The car then passed its MOT. They clearly hadn't checked the screen-washers. Not only this, but they also claimed a coil spring need replacing (which was done on the front) but they come in pairs and are both supposed to be done.
You may also want to watch:
On the MOT certificate all the pass and fail boxes were blank apart from the garage stamp. What a cowboy outfit, at least Dick Turpin wore a mask before he robbed you.
However, it's not all doom and gloom. We discovered Mo's Motors at Fenstanton, who picked up my faulty screen-wash this year. Honest, straightforward, reliable, helpful. I can't speak highly enough of them.
- 1 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 2 One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 3 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 4 Concerns raised about increase in lorries if plan goes ahead
- 5 New emergency facilities open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 6 Hunts Post Reader Photos for this week
- 7 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 8 Tim retires after 25 years with law firm
- 9 Do you remember the old cinemas in Huntingdonshire?
- 10 New griddle restaurant opens in St Neots
Old Pound Close