Fenstanton's Mo le MOT juste
LAST year we took our car for an MOT to a garage in St Ives, knowing full well it would fail due to a faulty washer bottle which leaked so you couldn t spray the windscreen. We were told we couldn t wait and to go for a coffee and come back later. Upon ar
LAST year we took our car for an MOT to a garage in St Ives, knowing full well it would fail due to a faulty washer bottle which leaked so you couldn't spray the windscreen.
We were told we couldn't wait and to go for a coffee and come back later. Upon arriving back we were told that a coil spring needed replacing on the front and the middle box of the exhaust needed replacing as it had a hole in it (which it hadn't).
We were quoted �120 for the job, which we agreed to and then waited. On completion we were met with a bill for �210. Not just 90 quid more than quoted but we waited by the office and nobody saw fit to inform us (which is wrong, as you have to ask the customer's permission to carry on). What would happen if we didn't have the funds to support this?
However, the most amazing bit was yet to come. The car then passed its MOT. They clearly hadn't checked the screen-washers. Not only this, but they also claimed a coil spring need replacing (which was done on the front) but they come in pairs and are both supposed to be done.
You may also want to watch:
On the MOT certificate all the pass and fail boxes were blank apart from the garage stamp. What a cowboy outfit, at least Dick Turpin wore a mask before he robbed you.
However, it's not all doom and gloom. We discovered Mo's Motors at Fenstanton, who picked up my faulty screen-wash this year. Honest, straightforward, reliable, helpful. I can't speak highly enough of them.
- 1 Woman left with a ‘bloodied nose’ in Huntingdon
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Jail for Fenstanton man who groomed teenager
- 4 Volunteers needed for memorial nature reserve
- 5 Family pay tribute to great grandfather who died in Buckden Road crash
- 6 Secret Garden Party to return after five years
- 7 Do you remember the old Megatron at Alconbury?
- 8 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 9 Woman in her 60s 'remains in serious condition' after B1514 crash
- 10 Drug dealing pair caught thanks to eagle-eyed neighbours
Old Pound Close