Featured artist: After4
WITH an average age of just 16 and a half, it s incredible to think that the band After4 have been together for six years, forming in 2000. At Christmas 2002, the band made their first public appearance, with a performance at St Ivo School. Now, over 10
WITH an average age of just 16 and a half, it's incredible to think that the band After4 have been together for six years, forming in 2000.
At Christmas 2002, the band made their first public appearance, with a performance at St Ivo School.
Now, over 100 gigs later, the band have hit the highs of venues such as The Cambridge Corn Exchange and The Junction - and the Rockinbeerfest festival.
Their first recording session took place at the HYC Studio at the Medway Centre in Huntingdon during 2004, in which Karl Devoil (from local band Mr Zed) recorded two tracks for them. Last year saw them head to the Lodge Studios in Northampton to record their first full EP, Stereotype, and now the band are promoting their excellent new release, 4play.
They rehearse at the popular Studio Rooms facilities in Wyton, Huntingdon, and are seeking sponsorship for recording/merchandising as they raise their profile.
The further they grow, the more exciting the future appears to be for After4 and all its followers.
- 1 Karl Brockett writes about the history of St Ives
- 2 'He is our hero' - D-day veteran Wilf, 102, gets surprise visit
- 3 Huntingdon town mayor supports launch of The Eclettica
- 4 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 5 Oliver Cromwell pub has had a brand new refurbishment
- 6 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 7 Huntingdon is full of Christmas cheer
- 8 Could you give these pets a home?
- 9 Family pay tribute to woman who died following St Ives crash
- 10 Club of the Week: St Ives u3a who have celebrated their 10-year anniversary
Saturday, September 23: Man on the Moon, Cambridge.
Saturday, September 30: Aviator, St Ives.
Tuesday, December 19: The Junction, Cambridge.
MORE INFORMATION AND MUSIC: