Fatal fall lorry driver had been adjusting his load
A HEALTH and safety investigation looks set to be launched after a lorry driver fell from a flyover onto a busy St Neots carriageway and died. Motorists called police just before 10am on Monday (April 20) after seeing a man fall from the flyover near Wyb
A HEALTH and safety investigation looks set to be launched after a lorry driver fell from a flyover onto a busy St Neots carriageway and died.
Motorists called police just before 10am on Monday (April 20) after seeing a man fall from the flyover near Wyboston Lakes onto the A1 southbound at Eaton Socon.
It is believed the driver had stopped on the flyover and got out of his vehicle to check it and then fallen onto the carriageway below.
The man, who has not yet been formally identified, suffered massive head and chest injuries and died at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Inspectors from the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) have been carrying out checks at the site and an investigation is expected to be launched soon.
A HSE spokesman said: "HSE is working with the police and two inspectors are visiting the site."
- 1 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 2 One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 3 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 4 Concerns raised about increase in lorries if plan goes ahead
- 5 New emergency facilities open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 6 Hunts Post Reader Photos for this week
- 7 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 8 Tim retires after 25 years with law firm
- 9 Do you remember the old cinemas in Huntingdonshire?
- 10 New griddle restaurant opens in St Neots
The flyover and one lane of the A1 southbound at the Eaton Socon roundabout were closed until 12.30pm on Monday (April 20).
This story will be updated with more information on Tuesday (April 21).
INFORMATION: Anyone with information is asked to contact Bedfordshire road policing unit on 01234 841212.