Fat Freddys Drop to headline Secret Garden Party
NEW Zealand funksters, Fat Freddys Drop will be joining Jarvis Cocker as headliners at this year s Secret Garden Party. It has been announced that the band will bring the event to a close when they top the bill on Sunday (July 26). Their first studio alb
NEW Zealand funksters, Fat Freddys Drop will be joining Jarvis Cocker as headliners at this year's Secret Garden Party.
It has been announced that the band will bring the event to a close when they top the bill on Sunday (July 26).
Their first studio album, Based on a True Story was released in 2005 and after only a day of release it shot to number one in the New Zealand album charts. They dominated the 2005 New Zealand Music Awards, taking awards in every category in which they were nominated: Best Group, Best Album, Best New Zealand Roots Group and the Peoples Choice Award. In December 2005 they were awarded the Worldwide "Album of the Year Award", as voted for by listeners of Gilles Peterson's BBC Radio 1 'Worldwide' show.
Organisers of the Secret Garden Party have also been busy securing performances from indie stars Bombay Bicycle Club, Little Comets and Dear Reader.
You may also want to watch:
Dance bands, Freeland and Daedelus will be performing at the festival, which is being held in the grounds of Lord De Ramsey in Abbots Ripton from July 23-26.
The line-up also includes The Holloways, Those Dancing Days, Emmy The Great and reggae legends Toots And The Maytals.
- 1 Shops, homes and office space plan for town centre building
- 2 St Neots man banned from pubs for two years
- 3 St Neots care assistant Jack set to shine in BBC Three's Glow Up
- 4 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 5 Memories of St Neots' town centre
- 6 Ventriloquist shares career highlights after retiring in Huntingdon
- 7 Man who died in road crash is named
- 8 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'
- 9 For sale: Spacious two bedroom bungalow with generous plots in Hartford
- 10 Fish and Chip shop wins award
Organisers have said the festival site will be split into two areas: Eden and Babylon. Each will be crafted either side of a lake, which will be centred by a Tower Of Babylon.
There will also be special boutique camping available, which will include private car parking spaces and Boutique Bell Boys.
INFORMATION: Tickets are on sale priced at �137 (plus booking fee) or �110 for 14-17 year olds. To book tickets or find out more, visit www.secretgardenparty.com