Farewell to man who always smiled
THE funeral of a St Ives man killed in a road accident was held at St Mary s Church, Huntingdon, last week. Steffan Strickson-Head, 30, of Reynolds Close, died when the BMW he was travelling in left the road at 8.15pm on Thursday, August 3. There is an on
THE funeral of a St Ives man killed in a road accident was held at St Mary's Church, Huntingdon, last week.
Steffan Strickson-Head, 30, of Reynolds Close, died when the BMW he was travelling in left the road at 8.15pm on Thursday, August 3.
There is an ongoing police investigation into the circumstances surrounding the accident.
More than 250 mourners packed the church while flowers were laid outside in tribute, some with messages remembering Steffan.
You may also want to watch:
So many people gathered to remember him that some had to stand at the back of the church while the service was conducted.
After the service, Steffan's body was taken to North Street Cemetery, off Primrose Lane, Huntingdon, for burial.
- 1 Letter of the Week: Brexit gain for food bank!
- 2 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 3 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 4 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 5 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 6 Best Seat in the House - Meal boxes - are they an over-priced luxury?
- 7 Concerns raised about increase in lorries if plan goes ahead
- 8 More Readers' Photos for this week
- 9 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 10 New emergency facilities open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
Steffan's friend Luke Mullins said in a eulogy: "He was a great friend and had so many admirable qualities. He had everything to live for and will be sorely missed by so many people."
Steffan's brother Dominic added: "He was my best friend, I looked up to him and he was always there for me. He always had a smile on his face."
Steffan also leaves his brother Kristian, mother Jane, father Roger, grandparents Gwen, Gertrude, Joseph and Sid and girlfriend Nicole.