Family saved from fire by falling shower
A SHOWER head falling from a wall alerted residents to a fire in their home. The incident took place at a property in Station Road, Catworth, in the early hours of last Thursday (March 20). The fire had started in a bathroom, but firefighters said a sm
A SHOWER head falling from a wall alerted residents to a fire in their home.
The incident took place at a property in Station Road, Catworth, in the early hours of last Thursday (March 20).
The fire had started in a bathroom, but firefighters said a smoke alarm failed to trigger as it had been put in the wrong place.
Thankfully, the occupants managed to escape from the fire after they were woken by a loud crash when the shower head fell off the wall.
Firefighters from Kimbolton and Huntingdon were called to the blaze at 2.15am.
It is believed the fire started in an electric shower unit, leaving it badly damaged.
- 1 Jail for paedophile who photographed abuse
- 2 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 3 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 4 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
- 5 Motion passed to send letter to Michael Gove after objections to incinerator plan
- 6 Mother of Rikki Neave 'told the truth and nothing but the truth', jury told
- 7 Jail for suspected hare courser who forced cars off road during police pursuit
- 8 Charming 'cakery' selling sweet treats opens in Ramsey
- 9 Brampton Park golfers swing into action to raise money for hospice
- 10 Care home visitor limits to be lifted next week
Firefighters have warned residents to seek advice when installing smoke alarms.
Russell Gooderham, watch manager at Kimbolton fire station, said: "Any resident who is unsure where to fit a smoke alarm should contact their local fire station and book a free home fire safety check.
"This is where a member of the fire service will enter your home, spot any potential fire risks and advise people on how to stay safe. Firefighters will also fit smoke alarms for free where necessary."
INFORMATION: To book a free home fire safety check, visit your nearest fire station or phone, 01480 444666 and quote PSO.