Family Of Murdered Prisoner Tell Of Shock
THE family of a St Ives man who was murdered in prison has released a statement describing the shock of his death. Derek Haynes has spoken publicly for the first time since his 33-year-old son Brian was found dead in his cell at Peterborough prison on Thursday
THE family of a St Ives man who was murdered in prison has released a statement describing the shock of his death.
Derek Haynes has spoken publicly for the first time since his 33-year-old son Brian was found dead in his cell at Peterborough prison on Thursday (September 11).
A statement released by the whole family, including Brian Haynes wife Karen, describes him as "a loving husband, father, son and brother," adding "we are all missing him so much".
The statement added that the death had left the family shocked and struggling to understand why it had happened.
You may also want to watch:
A murder inquiry has been launched into the death of the former taxi driver.
Nine men have since been arrested at the Saville Road jail, which is a category B prison. All the arrested men have been 'bailed' and ordered to attend police stations across the county on November 11.
- 1 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 2 Royal Oak in Hail Weston named as the best pub in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 4 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31
- 5 Huntingdon man found with stash of drugs and cash is jailed
- 6 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 7 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 8 First post-lockdown Parkrun in St Neots held in memory of four runners
- 9 Brampton's 'fantastic' village fete welcomes 4,000 revellers
- 10 St Ives woman who sold ecstasy to school children avoids jail
Haynes, formerly of High Leys in St Ives, was jailed for four years in December 2007 for a violent rampage with a baseball bat.