SERVICEMEN and women are invited to a commemoration of the 25th anniversary of the Falklands campaign. To mark the occasion the Ministry of Defence has organised a showpiece event on Sunday, June 17, at Horse Guards Parade, London, starting at 2.30pm. Ove
SERVICEMEN and women are invited to a commemoration of the 25th anniversary of the Falklands campaign.
To mark the occasion the Ministry of Defence has organised a showpiece event on Sunday, June 17, at Horse Guards Parade, London, starting at 2.30pm.
Over 15,000 tickets are available to Falklands veterans, their guests and families to attend what promises to be a memorable commemoration featuring personal recollections by those involved, a fly-past, march-past and a drumhead ceremony among much else. Senior members of the Royal Family will be in attendance.
Falklands veterans should visit the website www.veteransagency.mod.uk. For further information on the campaign visit www.falklands25.com.
You may also want to watch:
I would urge all your readers who were involved in the conflict to apply now, as demand for tickets is expected to be strong.
CAROLYN SHORT, Manager, Veterans' Services, Veterans Agency, Ministry of Defence
- 1 Huntingdon dealer who stole from vulnerable man is jailed
- 2 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 3 Delicious dessert shop 'Snix Snax' opens
- 4 Royal Oak in Hail Weston named as the best pub in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Warning to Huntingdon residents about the legal use of e-scooters
- 6 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 7 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 8 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 9 Huntingdon man found with stash of drugs and cash is jailed
- 10 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life