Eynesbury teenager given two-year restraining order
A TEENAGER has been banned from entering a street in Eynesbury after pleading guilty to harassment. George Campey, 18, of Duck Lane, was issued with a two-year restraining order at Huntingdon Magistrates Court on Thursday, January 21 after admitting two
A TEENAGER has been banned from entering a street in Eynesbury after pleading guilty to harassment.
George Campey, 18, of Duck Lane, was issued with a two-year restraining order at Huntingdon Magistrates Court on Thursday, January 21 after admitting two counts of harassment. He also admitted one count of obstructing a police officer.
The charges were brought against Campey after a number of anti social behaviour incidents in the Whitehall Walk and Duck Lane areas of Eynesbury in October last year.
The order prevents Campey from entering Whitehall Walk for the next two years. He was also sentenced to a four month suspended jail sentence and will be subject to an 18 month supervision order where he will be required to undertake 80 hours of unpaid work. He was also ordered to pay �80 court costs.
PC Amanda Foreman, from the Eynesbury neighbourhood policing team, said: "We are very pleased with the decision of the court to hand out this restraining order.
"It highlights the fact that anti-social behaviour of any kind will not be tolerated in the town.
- 1 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 2 Huntingdon man due in court on drug charges
- 3 Man who died on A1 at Sawtry is named
- 4 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
- 5 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 6 See the average house price for Cambridgeshire's 'top' villages
- 7 Jail for man who threatened to kill former girlfriend
- 8 Mini-convoy marks funeral of 'kind-hearted' lorry driver
- 9 Huntingdon bookshop gets share of £2m online profits
- 10 Appeal for dashcam footage following three lorry crash on the A14
"I hope that this decision will improve the quality of life for residents living in that part of St Neots.