Eynesbury teenager given two-year restraining order
A TEENAGER has been banned from entering a street in Eynesbury after pleading guilty to harassment. George Campey, 18, of Duck Lane, was issued with a two-year restraining order at Huntingdon Magistrates Court on Thursday, January 21 after admitting two
A TEENAGER has been banned from entering a street in Eynesbury after pleading guilty to harassment.
George Campey, 18, of Duck Lane, was issued with a two-year restraining order at Huntingdon Magistrates Court on Thursday, January 21 after admitting two counts of harassment. He also admitted one count of obstructing a police officer.
The charges were brought against Campey after a number of anti social behaviour incidents in the Whitehall Walk and Duck Lane areas of Eynesbury in October last year.
The order prevents Campey from entering Whitehall Walk for the next two years. He was also sentenced to a four month suspended jail sentence and will be subject to an 18 month supervision order where he will be required to undertake 80 hours of unpaid work. He was also ordered to pay �80 court costs.
You may also want to watch:
PC Amanda Foreman, from the Eynesbury neighbourhood policing team, said: "We are very pleased with the decision of the court to hand out this restraining order.
"It highlights the fact that anti-social behaviour of any kind will not be tolerated in the town.
- 1 East West Rail Route - further consultation going ahead
- 2 Is this the ghost of a nun who haunts an old Huntingdon bridge?
- 3 Man escapes ‘shocking case’ of modern slavery at hand car wash
- 4 Transporter carrying cars bursts into flames in village near St Neots
- 5 Man who died in road crash is named
- 6 Brampton Post Office customers say fond farewell to postmaster
- 7 Kimbolton business announces new CEO
- 8 Godmanchester man used Grindr in attempt to meet ‘teenage boy’
- 9 Fish and Chip shop wins award
- 10 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
"I hope that this decision will improve the quality of life for residents living in that part of St Neots.