Eynesbury Rubbish Truck Causing a Stink
ANGRY residents of an Eynesbury road are kicking up a stink about a council refuse van which regularly parks in the street. People living in Ridgeway say they are fed up with the Huntingdonshire District Council vehicle, which they claim often parks in th
ANGRY residents of an Eynesbury road are kicking up a stink about a council refuse van which regularly parks in the street.
People living in Ridgeway say they are fed up with the Huntingdonshire District Council vehicle, which they claim often parks in the road loaded with rubbish.
One resident of Ridgeway, who did not wish to be named, told The Hunts Post: "There must be a health and safety issue with a lorry full of rubbish being parked in a residential estate.
"The council must have yards where vehicles are parked and we don't see why we should be imposed upon in this manner.
"The police say they are clamping down on anti-social parking, but maybe this only applies to some of us."
A spokesman for Huntingdonshire District Council said: "The vehicle in the photograph is a street cleansing vehicle.
- 1 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 2 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 3 Karl Brockett writes about the history of St Ives
- 4 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 5 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 6 Hinchingbrooke Hospital get share of £4.5m to 'improve care'
- 7 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 8 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 9 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 10 Huge spike in safety complaints due to 'bedroom sellers' during pandemic
"It is used by a member of staff to empty litter bins - which he does sometimes on his way home and on Saturdays and sometimes Sundays. The bags contain litter from litter bins not household refuse.
"There are no tipping facilities open at weekends so the bags are taken to the tip on a Monday.