Extra carriages next week
FIRST Capital Connect is putting into service eight extra train carriages on the Great Northern Route from December 14. This will create new peak services and have the knock-on effect of removing station stops from some other services, thus speeding up th
FIRST Capital Connect is putting into service eight extra train carriages on the Great Northern Route from December 14. This will create new peak services and have the knock-on effect of removing station stops from some other services, thus speeding up their journey times and further reducing overcrowding.
This is part of the December timetable change which I urge your readers to examine. The new timetable is available at stations and can be downloaded from www.firstcapitalconnect.co.uk, from the heading "What's new".
The extra carriages will be used to introduce new peak services between Royston and King's Cross. These will, in the most part, pick up station stops that will be removed from some of our busiest services between Stevenage and Cambridge. As a result, seats will be freed up on these busy services and journey times will be reduced.
For example, the overcrowded 6.15pm King's Cross-Ely service will be less crowded and seven minutes quicker because the intermediate station stops at Letchworth Garden City, Baldock, Ashwell and Morden and Royston will be transferred to a brand new 6.17 King's Cross-Royston service.
You may also want to watch:
The effect of these changes is to bring forward part of the proposed May 2009 Peterborough and Cambridge Capacity Scheme. The full timetable for the scheme, which was subject to consultation in 2007, will be delivered in May 2009 and will reflect the timetable produced following the consultation process.
- 1 Matt Hancock at Hinchingbrooke Hospital today
- 2 Read about the interesting history of the village of Broughton
- 3 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 4 Man dies following collision near Bluntisham
- 5 Check out some of Huntingdonshire's fascinating history
- 6 Broughton - litter-picking, bell cleaning and great community spirit
- 7 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 8 New trophies to celebrate achievement at St Neots school
- 9 A fund has been set up in memory of Nathan Cowell
- 10 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
First Capital Connect