Excited puppy causes extensive fire damage
AN EXCITED dog is thought to have started a fire which caused extensive damage to a property in Brampton. Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said the fire, which started in the kitchen, was likely to have been caused by a dog getting excited about a w
AN EXCITED dog is thought to have started a fire which caused extensive damage to a property in Brampton.
Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said the fire, which started in the kitchen, was likely to have been caused by a dog getting excited about a walk.
A spokesman told The Hunts Post one of the two dogs kept by a woman at the bungalow in Flint Close was believed to have jumped up and accidentally turned on an electric hob on the cooker. The hob heated up and melted a deep fat fryer on the cooker, starting a fire.
While the woman was out, the fire sent smoke through the bungalow at about 6.30pm last Monday, leaving the home inhabitable.
The Red Cross Fire Victim Support attended the scene to offer alternative accommodation for the woman who was staying with her son elsewhere in Brampton.
The victim's son, who asked not be named, told The Hunts Post: "My mother's home is not fit to live in so she is has moved in with me for the time being.
- 1 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 2 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 3 80th birthday celebrations for the East's longest-serving lollipop lady
- 4 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 5 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 6 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 7 Huge Victorian house with pool and gym on sale for £1.75m
- 8 Councillors vote to continue school transport for special needs schools
- 9 Judge makes contempt of court ruling against Camp Beagle protesters
- 10 Recap: Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
"She is quite upset by the whole thing, as you can imagine.
"She told me that she thinks one of her puppies jumped up at the cooker, which started the fire."
A fire service spokesman said it was advisable not to leave anything on an electric cooker.