THE XL-cellent pupils at Abbey College in Ramsey have won the Eastern Regional Trophy for the XL Clubs in East Anglia, run by The Prince s Trust. There are over 600 XL clubs in schools throughout the UK where members learn to take responsibility, develop
THE XL-cellent pupils at Abbey College in Ramsey have won the Eastern Regional Trophy for the XL Clubs in East Anglia, run by The Prince's Trust.
There are over 600 XL clubs in schools throughout the UK where members learn to take responsibility, develop social skills and enjoy the benefits of teamwork.
During a test of these skills at Grafham Water for all of the XL Clubs in East Anglia, students took part in a variety of outdoor activities, including kayaking and archery, as well as problem-solving.
The team of six students from Abbey College ended the day as winners.
You may also want to watch:
Amy Edmondson, 16, said: "When we won the trophy it was amazing. All it took was good friends and a whole lot of teamwork.
"It just goes to show that, if you put all your effort into it, you can receive the biggest prize of all: pride in your achievements. I couldn't have asked for a better team, which included Ronan Delany, Lewis West, Alycia Spencer and Brad Kendall.
- 1 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 2 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 3 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 4 The changing face of forests and woods in Huntingdonshire
- 5 Fundraising day at St Neots pub
- 6 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 7 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 8 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 9 'We want to help our market towns' - Funding plans extended due to pandemic
- 10 Huntingdon care home company scoops award in region's top 20