THE XL-cellent pupils at Abbey College in Ramsey have won the Eastern Regional Trophy for the XL Clubs in East Anglia, run by The Prince s Trust. There are over 600 XL clubs in schools throughout the UK where members learn to take responsibility, develop
THE XL-cellent pupils at Abbey College in Ramsey have won the Eastern Regional Trophy for the XL Clubs in East Anglia, run by The Prince's Trust.
There are over 600 XL clubs in schools throughout the UK where members learn to take responsibility, develop social skills and enjoy the benefits of teamwork.
During a test of these skills at Grafham Water for all of the XL Clubs in East Anglia, students took part in a variety of outdoor activities, including kayaking and archery, as well as problem-solving.
The team of six students from Abbey College ended the day as winners.
You may also want to watch:
Amy Edmondson, 16, said: "When we won the trophy it was amazing. All it took was good friends and a whole lot of teamwork.
"It just goes to show that, if you put all your effort into it, you can receive the biggest prize of all: pride in your achievements. I couldn't have asked for a better team, which included Ronan Delany, Lewis West, Alycia Spencer and Brad Kendall.
- 1 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 2 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 3 St Neots East seat announced after nail-biting three recounts
- 4 Mother pleads for housing 'electrical checks' after losing children in fire
- 5 Clifford Thomas is the new mayor of Godmanchester
- 6 Slepe Hall Hotel in St Ives has new owners
- 7 Pretty town with lots of independent shops
- 8 Who is in the running for police and crime commissioner in Cambs
- 9 Dismay and concern over plans to build 36-foot railway viaduct
- 10 Men who threatened shop workers with an axe are jailed