EVENT: Cambridge and Peterborough Band Competitions
BAND competition fever hits the local music scene this week, with the first of four heats of the Red Stripe Cambridge Band Competition today (Wednesday) at The Junction, Cambridge. Each heat, four bands battle it out to reach the grand final on April 4.
BAND competition fever hits the local music scene this week, with the first of four heats of the Red Stripe Cambridge Band Competition today (Wednesday) at The Junction, Cambridge.
Each heat, four bands battle it out to reach the grand final on April 4. Previous winners include Ezio, Alex Harris and New World Record.
The opening heat is the heavier of the four evenings. Six Ways From Sunday billed as hardcore/emo/rock from Hertfordshire open the evening, followed by Hekz; a heavy rock band from Cambridge. Huntingdon's Kill The DJ are next up with their high-octane punk-rock. What looks like a very loud evening will be concluded by the trashy rock 'n' roll of Anti Social Burn Outs.
Doors, 7pm, tickets £5. Next week's heat features Bomb Factory, Fugazirum, Kyla Bowen-la Grange and Me Against The World.
You may also want to watch:
* TOMORROW (Thursday) is the final of Peterborough's competition. The Unity Band of the Year 2007, held at the Spirit and Soul Bar (formally known as Bar Lisboa, 24 Lisboa Road, Peterborough) features Cambridge indie-kids Free Will and The Bad Influences against two Peterborough bands; Revenue, and The Brackets from St Neots. Starts 9pm. Entry free.
- 1 Murder most foul in village's historical records
- 2 St Ives schoolboy looking to claim national title with Kettering Town
- 3 Mum shares her experience in call for IVF to be reinstated
- 4 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 5 Hundreds sign petition to get drains cleared in Buckden after more flooding
- 6 Matt Hancock at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 7 Man dies following collision near Bluntisham
- 8 Read about the interesting history of the village of Broughton
- 9 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 10 Family pets and beautiful wildlife for our Readers Photos this week