Even Worx than expected
I WOULD like to invite all those people in your recent article who thought that the new Worx nightclub was a good idea to my house at midnight to 1am on Friday or Saturday night. When I moved into my house a year ago, the King s Head was shut and, while I
I WOULD like to invite all those people in your recent article who thought that the new Worx nightclub was a good idea to my house at midnight to 1am on Friday or Saturday night.
When I moved into my house a year ago, the King's Head was shut and, while I expected it to be noisier living in town, before the King's Head re-opened the noises were acceptable, going on no later than 11.45 p.m.
To say that we only get about 600 people in the town on a Saturday night and the rest are going elsewhere is ludicrous. As there are so many houses and flats in the town centre, it should be encouraged to keep those sort of numbers on the edge of town.
Why was there no consultation with local residents before anything like this club is given permission to open? As the new owners have spent around £500,000 on the renovations, perhaps another small bill for sound-proofing my house should be added to the cost.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Woman left with a ‘bloodied nose’ in Huntingdon
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Jail for Fenstanton man who groomed teenager
- 4 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 5 Do you remember the old Megatron at Alconbury?
- 6 Woman in her 60s 'remains in serious condition' after B1514 crash
- 7 Drug dealing pair caught thanks to eagle-eyed neighbours
- 8 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Family pay tribute to great grandfather who died in Buckden Road crash
- 10 Historic St Ives former grammar school site set for houses after £1m sale