Even Worx than expected
I WOULD like to invite all those people in your recent article who thought that the new Worx nightclub was a good idea to my house at midnight to 1am on Friday or Saturday night. When I moved into my house a year ago, the King s Head was shut and, while I
I WOULD like to invite all those people in your recent article who thought that the new Worx nightclub was a good idea to my house at midnight to 1am on Friday or Saturday night.
When I moved into my house a year ago, the King's Head was shut and, while I expected it to be noisier living in town, before the King's Head re-opened the noises were acceptable, going on no later than 11.45 p.m.
To say that we only get about 600 people in the town on a Saturday night and the rest are going elsewhere is ludicrous. As there are so many houses and flats in the town centre, it should be encouraged to keep those sort of numbers on the edge of town.
Why was there no consultation with local residents before anything like this club is given permission to open? As the new owners have spent around £500,000 on the renovations, perhaps another small bill for sound-proofing my house should be added to the cost.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Matt Hancock at Hinchingbrooke Hospital today
- 2 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 3 Check out some of Huntingdonshire's fascinating history
- 4 Man dies following collision near Bluntisham
- 5 New trophies to celebrate achievement at St Neots school
- 6 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 7 Landmark A14 viaduct demolition is captured on camera
- 8 A fund has been set up in memory of Nathan Cowell
- 9 Body discovered in Hartford believed to be missing Nathan
- 10 Interactive map shows Covid Indian variant cases in Huntingdonshire