EU flag promotes propaganda
I RECEIVE The Hunts Post from a friend, and appreciated seeing my letter published regarding the appearance of an EU symbol at the Continental Market. This seems to have touched a raw nerve with the administration manager, Mr Ferne, who seems to imagine t
I RECEIVE The Hunts Post from a friend, and appreciated seeing my letter published regarding the appearance of an EU symbol at the Continental Market.
This seems to have touched a raw nerve with the administration manager, Mr Ferne, who seems to imagine that those of us who object to seeing the symbol of an undemocratic and corrupt political project are about to start the Third World War. Such an absurd turn of mind should be employed in writing comic scripts.
Quite the reverse is true, as the EU places its member states in a vulnerable position militarily, politically and economically. This is especially true in the case of the UK and the EU open borders policy.
As Mr Ferne "shares my reservations" about the EU, I would hope, as a decent person, he would share my own - and as I see from your Letters Page, others' - "intolerance" of the EU project, which serves only vested interests and not those of the ordinary people. The logo that represents this ugly reality should be offensive to all right-thinking people.
You may also want to watch:
I am sure Mr Ferne would not wish to exploit friendly events as a means to promote political propaganda. As we know to our cost, this was done in previous times by totalitarian regimes. There are sinister signs that the EU could evolve as such.
Let's keep the national flags flying and enjoy the visits from our friends across the Channel.
- 1 Man in his 80s dies in fatal Buckden Road crash at Brampton
- 2 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 3 Police find string of ponies in middle of Cambridgeshire road
- 4 Concerns over planned travel hub at railway station
- 5 Wanted woman accused of killing children in M1 crash could be in Huntingdon
- 6 Freed from custody, animal rights campaigner back at Camp Beagle
- 7 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 8 Co-op grocery delivery robots are coming to Cambridgeshire
- 9 446 catalytic converter thefts in just 8 months reported in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Godmanchester author reveals amazing accounts of Second World War in new book
FLORENCE E M JENNER