EU flag promotes propaganda
I RECEIVE The Hunts Post from a friend, and appreciated seeing my letter published regarding the appearance of an EU symbol at the Continental Market. This seems to have touched a raw nerve with the administration manager, Mr Ferne, who seems to imagine t
I RECEIVE The Hunts Post from a friend, and appreciated seeing my letter published regarding the appearance of an EU symbol at the Continental Market.
This seems to have touched a raw nerve with the administration manager, Mr Ferne, who seems to imagine that those of us who object to seeing the symbol of an undemocratic and corrupt political project are about to start the Third World War. Such an absurd turn of mind should be employed in writing comic scripts.
Quite the reverse is true, as the EU places its member states in a vulnerable position militarily, politically and economically. This is especially true in the case of the UK and the EU open borders policy.
As Mr Ferne "shares my reservations" about the EU, I would hope, as a decent person, he would share my own - and as I see from your Letters Page, others' - "intolerance" of the EU project, which serves only vested interests and not those of the ordinary people. The logo that represents this ugly reality should be offensive to all right-thinking people.
I am sure Mr Ferne would not wish to exploit friendly events as a means to promote political propaganda. As we know to our cost, this was done in previous times by totalitarian regimes. There are sinister signs that the EU could evolve as such.
Let's keep the national flags flying and enjoy the visits from our friends across the Channel.
- 1 Missing woman back home
- 2 Huntingdon man due in court on drug charges
- 3 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 4 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 5 Life would be better without mud says Anne Marie Hamilton
- 6 Man who died on A1 at Sawtry is named
- 7 Serious case review launched into death of Teddie Mitchell
- 8 Read the fascinating history of The Old Bridge Hotel
- 9 New bus service launched to serve Hunts villages
- 10 Jail for Huntingdon man who threatened to kill woman
FLORENCE E M JENNER